The Plants and Vegetation of Maunakea from Tree-line to Summit - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
The Plants and Vegetation of Maunakea from Tree-line to Summit
Location: UH Hilo Wentworth Hall Room #1
Dr. Grant Gerrish will relate the adventure of leading the team that completed the first botanical baseline survey of Maunakea in 2011, and describe the landscapes and many of the plant and lichen species encountered from the māmane woodlands to the “stone desert” at the summit. He will discuss the biogeographical factors that determine which native plant species can survive the incredibly harsh environment at the summit and the unique evolutionary forces that have brought forth species endemic to Maunakea.
Dr. Gerrish will also discuss the impact of human activity and present a new scheme to classify the vegetation and communities that differs from the previously used classification.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 933-0734
Tags: Maunakea Speaker Series
What's also happening?
Week of November 11, 2018Next →
Holiday observed: Veterans’ Day
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.