Hawaiʻi Island Women's Leadership Summit - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Hawaiʻi Island Women's Leadership Summit
Location: Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay
The Women's Center is pleased to announce the availability of funding from the Chancellor's Professional Development Committee to support attendance at the upcoming 2018 Hawaiʻi Island Women's Leadership Summit on Friday, October 19, 2018 at the Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay. Information about the Summit can be found at the following links. We'd like to also extend a special congratulations to Dr. Reni Ivanova for being selected as one of this year's presenters.
Featuring Dr. Jackie Young, Award-winning advocate for issues that inspire social change and healthy communities as our keynote speaker. Dr. Jackie Young is a passionate champion of advocacy on issues relating to gender equity, discrimination, health and safety. Jackie has received numerous awards from organizations including the University of Hawai‘i Distinguished Alumni Award, the National Education Association Futrell Award for Advancing the Rights of Women and Girls in Education, and the YWCA of Oahu Outstanding Woman Leader.
Jackie holds a PhD in Women’s Studies and Communication. She was the former Chief Staff Officer for the American Cancer Society and the first woman to hold the position of Vice-Speaker for the Hawaiʻi House of Representatives.
Vendor Tables - bit.ly/HIWLFvendor
Workshop Information - bit.ly/HIWLFworkshop
Vendor Hall Expo Kamaʻaina Room Rate - Hawaiʻi residents based on availability
For more information, contact: Brooke Derby + Christine Hijirida Summit Chairs HawaiiIslandWLF@gmail.com
Hawaiʻi Island Women's Leadership Forum:
Our mission: To empower and advance women on Hawaiʻi Island through knowledge, strength and community.
Our vision: To grow a series of activities and events, to include an annual Summit, that will nurture women on all levels of leadership and contribute to building a lasting legacy for generations to come.
Special Restrictions: A limited number of tickets and ground transportation are available at no cost to UH Hilo employees, thanks to the Chancellor's Professional Development Fund. If you are willing, able and interested in attending, please complete the information on this Google Form - go.hawaii.edu/fvB no later than Tuesday, October 2. We will notify those who are selected on Friday, October 5.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7958
What's also happening?
Week of October 14, 2018Next →
- Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open
- This recognition awards acknowledges the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community. ...
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.