Quantifying shoreline change on Hawaiʻi Island - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Quantifying shoreline change on Hawaiʻi Island
Location: UH Hilo Science & Technology Building (STB) Room #108
A Maunakea Speaker Series presentation by Rose Hart, M.S. candidate of the University of Hawaii at Hilo's Tropical Conservation Biology and Environmental Science program. To better predict and manage coastal vulnerabilities, Rose's research effort quantified shoreline change rates from the present and recent past at Hāpuna State Beach Park, Honoliʻi sea cliff, and Kapoho Tide Pools/Hawaiian Vacation Lands using shoreline records from historic aerial photographs and elevation datasets collected from small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS or drones). Results from this study provide insights to the chronic, seasonal, and episodic coastal processes that threaten communities and resources along Hawaiʻi Island's coast and help Hawaiʻi County planners improve coastal management strategies.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 933-0734
What's also happening?
Week of May 6, 2018Next →
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.