Youth Suicide and Bullying Prevention Training - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Youth Suicide and Bullying Prevention Training
Location: SSC W-201
Created by Mental Health America this training is:
-free and evidence-based
-for adults who work with youth
-based on local and national data, and experiences of local youth
-increases knowledge and understanding of bullying and suicide prevention
-identifies risk factors and warning signs
-provides skills and resources to help prevent or intervene
-open to all UH Hilo students, staff, faculty and interested community members
Please RSVP: goo.gl/forms/g9U4z1v61hjtcrtV2
Did you know...
45% of middle school students and 19% of high school students in Hawaiʻi say they were bullied on school property?
24% of middle school students in Hawaiʻi seriously consider suicide, the highest in the nation?
15% of Hawaii students have actually made a plan for suicide?
source: Youth Risk Behavioral Surveillance System, CDC, 2015
If you or someone you know needs help, please seek support.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ #: 1-800-273-8255
Crisis Text Line: www.crisistextline.org/ Text "Aloha" to 741-741
For more information or for disability accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 932-7465 or 932-7002 (TTY).
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7465
What's also happening?
Week of April 29, 2018Next →
- UH Campus Climate Survey 2019
- Attention all UH Hilo students: your voice MATTERS! The UH Campus Climate Survey on Sexual Harassment and Gender-based Violence is available from January 22-February 22, 2019. Check your UH email for the "climate survey" link. ...
- International Nights Tickets on Sale!
- Tickets for International Nights are now on sale! This annual event set for Friday, February 22 & Saturday, February 23 features performances from around the world. ...
- Postponed: Active Shooter Exercise
- The Active Shooter Drill that was scheduled to take place at UH Hilo today has been postponed to a later date. ...
- UH Campus Climate Survey
- Your Voice Matters! The UH Student Climate Survey on Sexual Harassment & Gender Based Violence access link has been sent out to current UH students via their hawaii.edu email. ...
- Sustainability Survey: Win $50
- UH Hilo students are invited to participate in a sustainability survey here: appstate.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3ac7NWDxTxAgCKp Participants will be entered into a drawing for a $50 gift card.
- Black History Month Events
- Know the past, Shape the future 2019 Black History Month Celebrates the contributions made by Black and African American Individuals. Come Join us as the campus celebrates during the month of February. ...
- 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2018. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2019. ...
- Read Across America: Join us!
- The Campus and Community Service office is looking for students to volunteer with us for Read Across America. Join us on Fri. March 1st, for a day of fun as we read to children at various elementary schools on the island. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.