Pluto Palooza: NASA's New Horizons Mission to Pluto & Beyond - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Pluto Palooza: NASA's New Horizons Mission to Pluto & Beyond
Location: Science & Technologies Bldg, STB 108
Meet the men and women of the New Horizon's mission as they share their stories of Pluto and beyond! 4 NASA scientists are here for a fun and fact filled event as our contribution to the Journey Through the Universe Program.
- Marc Buie, longtime “Pluto-phile", discovered Kuiper Belt Object, MU69 New Horizons’ next fly target
- Veronica Bray, planetary geologist, comparing volcanoes & glaciers on Hawaii and Pluto!
- Randy Monroe, science educator, stepson of Jim Christy, discoverer of Pluto’s giant moon, Charon
- Alice Bowman, MOM (Mission Ops Manager) responsible for spacecraft safety and mission success
Learn more at www.gemini.edu/journey/#events
Special Restrictions: Suitable for all students, university and secondary! Family friendly.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 896-6582
What's also happening?
Week of March 4, 2018Next →
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.