Traditional Japanese Arts Concert in Hawaii - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Traditional Japanese Arts Concert in Hawaii
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Enjoy a performance of traditional Japanese arts performed by Shamisen Master Goshiro Kineya. Become enchanted as you hear delightful Japanese melodies and the theatrical music of Kabuki traditions performed by 60+ artists from Japan on traditional instruments: Shamisen, Koto, Shakuhachi, and Yokobue (Japanese flute). Experience the grace and beauty of classical Japanese dance performed to live music. The artists, from all parts of Japan, are excited to share the traditions and culture of Japan with audiences in Hawaiʻi. Mr. Kineya hopes that sharing these time-honored practices will contribute, in a small way, to fostering a vibrant cultural exchange between Japan and the US, in particular Hawaiʻi. He says, “Thank you for this opportunity and we look forward to seeing you all!”
Special Restrictions: Tickets are: Advance Sales: $20 General, $15 Discount, $10 UHH/HCC Student (With VALID ID)/Child 17 & under
At the Door: $25 General, $20 Discount, $15 UHH/HCC Student (With VALID ID)/Child 17 & under
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7490
Tags: Theatre Music Dance
What's also happening?
|← Previous||Week of February 11, 2018||Next →|
- Board of Media Broadcasting Open Positions
- The UH Hilo Board of Media Broadcasting has two open positions for the 2017-2018 academic year. These positions will have an open application process until they are filled. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- UH Hilo Mentoring Recognition Award!
- Having a great mentor is critical in student success and we'd like to know who has been your mentor here at UH Hilo. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.