Lecture: Dr. Margaret McLaren on Ghandian and Feminist Ethics - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Lecture: Dr. Margaret McLaren on Ghandian and Feminist Ethics
Location: UCB 100
Dr. McLaren will present a lecture entitled: "Gandhian and Feminist Ethics in Action in the Self-Employed Women's Association in India"
Date: January 11, 2018
Location: UCB 100
This talk explores the ways that a grassroots women's organization in India, the Self-Employed Women's Association combines both Gandhian and Feminist principles to promote social change and social justice.
For more information about this talk, contact: Dr. Celia Bardwell-Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsors: UH Hilo Diversity Committee, The Gender and Women's Studies Program, the Philosophy Department, the Hawaii`i Island Philosophy Club, and AAUW-Hilo
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7230
What's also happening?
Week of January 7, 2018Next →
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.