Speaker: Jennifer Solidum Rose - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Speaker: Jennifer Solidum Rose
Location: SSC room W-201
Presentation: “Blanketed by Blame: A Community-Based Approach to Eliminating Domestic Violence”
Date: Tuesday, October 24, 2017
Location: SSC, room W-201
Domestic violence affects all of us. It impacts all aspects of our community including community health, crime rates, the ability to participate
in the workforce, child development, and family dynamics. This workshop addresses the pervasive nature of domestic violence & features
Blanketed by Blame: Maria’s Story, a skit that explores the importance of community awareness and accountability in eliminating the myths
that continue to perpetuate domestic violence.
Jennifer Rose, Director of the University of Hawaiʻi Office of Institutional Equity, a Filipino activist, attorney, and educator on the intersections of gender-based violence, civil and immigrant rights, will facilitate the workshop and lead a discussion on how our communities work better when each
citizen feels safe, secure and free from the threat of domestic violence in all forms.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7463
What's also happening?
|Week of October 22, 2017||Next →|
- Campus & Community Service Spring Food Drive
- It’s that time of year again! Campus and Community Service is holding the Annual Spring Food Drive in conjunction with the University of Hawaiʻi State Food Drive. ...
- Looking For Gender And Women's Studies Club Officers
- Aloha! We are trying to revive the Gender and Women's Studies club here at UH Hilo campus. As of right now, we are looking for students who would be interested in becoming an officer. All ideas and interests are welcome. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatitis C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Testing is Anonymous, Safe & Fast! More info at hilo.hawaii.edu/studentaffairs/health/#hiv
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- Study Abroad Applications Due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.