Japanese Reading and Writing: Advanced - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Japanese Reading and Writing: Advanced
Location: CH 6
This class will focus on Japanese reading, writing and speech in order to help the students’ ability to advance conversation skills. This class will challenge students to expand their practical knowledge of the origin and history of Japanese vocabulary and Kanji.
September 11 - December 4, 2017, Mondays
Instructor: Hiroko Igarashi
Instructor Hiroko Igarashi has a BS in Mathematics, BA in Communications and MA in China-US Relations. She has many years of experience teaching Japanese to children and adults in the community, and as a UH Hilo Lecturer. Her classes are practical, fun and interactive, helping students to get the most out of every session.
Special Restrictions: Tuition
Continuing Students: $175
New Students: $185
Required: New students who would like to join must be able to easily read Hiragana and Katakana, the rudiments of Kanji and be familiar with fundamental sentence structure.Kanken Level 9
New students will be provided with an additional textbook, Kokugo 1.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|Week of September 10, 2017||Next →|
- APIA Scholarships
- UH Hilo undergraduate students of Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander and Asian American backgrounds who are U.S. ...
- Break Thru Adventures (BTA) Participant Application Deadline
- Hey Vulcans! If any of you are interested in joining Break Thru Adventures as a participant remember that the final deadline to apply is January 14, 2019, with a priority deadline on November 16. ...
- All those interested in getting involved! Relay For Life is recruiting committee members! Relay For Life is the only all night event on campus during the Spring semester. ...
- Go Global: Aotearoa Summer 2019
- Kia Ora! Immerse yourself in Maori culture, practices and history while living and engaging with the local Maori community in North Island, New Zealand (Aotearoa). ...
- Go Global: India (भारत) Summer 2019
- Spend three weeks in India exploring and learning about the history and culture of the country with History Professor Michael Skinner while earning three upper division credits. ...
- 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2018. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2019. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.