Japanese Reading and Writing: Advanced - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Japanese Reading and Writing: Advanced
Location: CH 6
This class will focus on Japanese reading, writing and speech in order to help the students’ ability to advance conversation skills. This class will challenge students to expand their practical knowledge of the origin and history of Japanese vocabulary and Kanji.
September 11 - December 4, 2017, Mondays
Instructor: Hiroko Igarashi
Instructor Hiroko Igarashi has a BS in Mathematics, BA in Communications and MA in China-US Relations. She has many years of experience teaching Japanese to children and adults in the community, and as a UH Hilo Lecturer. Her classes are practical, fun and interactive, helping students to get the most out of every session.
Special Restrictions: Tuition
Continuing Students: $175
New Students: $185
Required: New students who would like to join must be able to easily read Hiragana and Katakana, the rudiments of Kanji and be familiar with fundamental sentence structure.Kanken Level 9
New students will be provided with an additional textbook, Kokugo 1.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|Week of September 10, 2017||Next →|
- Board of Media Broadcasting Open Positions
- The UH Hilo Board of Media Broadcasting has two open positions for the 2017-2018 academic year. These positions will have an open application process until they are filled. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- UH Hilo Mentoring Recognition Award!
- Having a great mentor is critical in student success and we'd like to know who has been your mentor here at UH Hilo. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.