Hip Hop for Kids - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Hip Hop for Kids
Location: Old Gym
Learn hip hop broken down to the basics with Max Belliard. This class includes breakdance, tutting, popping & locking, hip-hop choreography, freestyle and more! Students will be encouraged to explore movement, embracing their own style, ideas and interests so that they can experience dancing in a way that is truly their own.
Class is for children ages 7-12. No dance experience required.
Students will dance in either bare feet or socks.
September 6 - November 15, 2017, Wednesdays
Instructor: Max Belliard
Max L Belliard Jr. was born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky. Max began his dancing journey at the age of 18 after experiencing his first bboy jam, City vs City 7, in Chicago, Illinois. He began training everyday, traveling to NYC and the Midwest attending dance battles. Since 2010, Max has performed and trained at numerous battles, dance camps and facilities.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $65
Required: Please bring water and wear comfortable clothing that you can move in.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|Week of September 3, 2017||Next →|
Holiday observed: Labor Day
- 4th Annual Domestic Violence Summit
- Hawaii Community College and the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo will host the 4th Annual Domestic Violence Summit with college students as the focus. The summit is on Friday, October 19, 2018 at ʻImiloa Astronomy Center from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. ...
- Pre-Law Club is looking for new members
- Awesome and active club for future attorneys or law officers. Contact club President Harley Broyles at firstname.lastname@example.org to join or for more information.
- Fill out a sustainability survey, win $50
- Aloha, Come fill out a short survey on sustainability and enter a drawing for $50. The survey is for research being done at UH Hilo in cooperation with Appalachian State University. ...
- Campus & Community Service Fall Food Drive
- From October 29 - November 14, 2018, the Campus and Community Service program will be hosting our Fall Food Drive. We ask you to please help those in need by donating non-perishable food that we can donate to the Hawaii Island Food Basket. ...
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2019 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend 8-to-10 weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- Love Yourself: Body Wellness and ED Support Group
- Counseling Services is hosting a support group for students with body image concerns called "Love Yourself: Body Wellness and Eating Disorders. ...
- Go Global: France Summer 2019
- Spend your summer participating in an INTENSIVE 4-week program taught in English through ESSCA: School of Management. ...
- APIA Scholarships
- UH Hilo undergraduate students of Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander and Asian American backgrounds who are U.S. ...
- Break Thru Adventures (BTA) Participant Application Deadline
- Hey Vulcans! If any of you are interested in joining Break Thru Adventures as a participant remember that the final deadline to apply is January 14, 2019, with a priority deadline on November 16. ...
- 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2018. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2019. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. For the registration pack and information regard UH Hilo clubs please visit our website. hilo.hawaii. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.