Eating Mindfully for the Holidays - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Eating Mindfully for the Holidays
Location: K 109
Looking for a way to enjoy the holidays without excessive indulgence in food and drink? Join Sarah Josef for a practical workshop to explore strategies and approaches for healthier holiday eating. Learn ways to enjoy your meals without the pressure of traditional diets, so you can mindfully eat without guilt or remorse.
November 6, 2017, Monday
Instructor: Sarah Josef
Sarah Josef is a Health at Every Size dietitian who promotes honoring one's body size, culture, and food preferences to promote nourishment and positive self-regard. Her teaching is based on 20 years' experience with disordered eating clients, motivating long-term, clinical trial research participants at Kaiser's Division of Research, and mentoring students at San Francisco State University (SFSU) as the Director of the Dietetics Program. Her B.S. Degree in Dietetics and M.A. in Holistic Health Education fostered her whole-person approach to health.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $25
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|Week of November 5, 2017||Next →|
Holiday observed: Veterans’ Day
- Pride Hilo Club looking for members
- Are you interested in creating an inclusive community that focuses on educating the general public about LGBTQ+ issues? What about forming a safe network for LGBTQ+ and ally students alike? If you would like to be part of representing the LGBTQ+ ...
- The English Club is searching for new members
- Do you love poetry? Maybe you're an aspiring novelist? Or maybe you haven't touched a book in three semesters? The English Club is open to all students, faculty, staff, and community members, who are interested in seeing how the written word - ...
- The Board of Student Publications wants you!
- Are you looking for a rich leadership opportunity where you can connect with students, faculty, and staff at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, while developing professional skills? If so, then the UH Hilo Board of Student Publications is ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaiʻi State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaiʻi Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.