Dance for Everyone: Hip Hop Basics - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Dance for Everyone: Hip Hop Basics
Location: Old Gym
Learn the basics of hip hop and explore a variety of styles including contemporary, ballet, popping, jazz and more. Each class will include a warmup and conditioning exercises, moving across the floor and learning choreographed movement. Upon completion of the session, participants will have learned a set warm up routine and a short choreographed piece. This is a mixed level class, open to those with no dance experience. Participants may dance either barefoot or in socks.
September 1 - November 17, 2017, Fridays
Instructor: Lawrence Mano
Lawrence Mano has been studying dance for 5 years with a wide range of instructors in the Hilo community. He has instructed portions of the UH Hilo Dance Ensemble classes over two semesters, and has choreographed multiple dance pieces and performed in numerous productions. Lawrence is a fun, warm and patient instructor, who loves to break down movement to help dancers to explore, learn about themselves and grow.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $85
Required: Please bring water and wear comfortable clothing that you can move in.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|Week of August 27, 2017||Next →|
- Pride Hilo Club looking for members
- Are you interested in creating an inclusive community that focuses on educating the general public about LGBTQ+ issues? What about forming a safe network for LGBTQ+ and ally students alike? If you would like to be part of representing the LGBTQ+ ...
- The English Club is searching for new members
- Do you love poetry? Maybe you're an aspiring novelist? Or maybe you haven't touched a book in three semesters? The English Club is open to all students, faculty, staff, and community members, who are interested in seeing how the written word - ...
- The Board of Student Publications wants you!
- Are you looking for a rich leadership opportunity where you can connect with students, faculty, and staff at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, while developing professional skills? If so, then the UH Hilo Board of Student Publications is ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaiʻi State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaiʻi Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.