Dance for Everyone: Hip Hop Basics - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Dance for Everyone: Hip Hop Basics
Location: Old Gym
Learn the basics of hip hop and explore a variety of styles including contemporary, ballet, popping, jazz and more. Each class will include a warmup and conditioning exercises, moving across the floor and learning choreographed movement. Upon completion of the session, participants will have learned a set warm up routine and a short choreographed piece. This is a mixed level class, open to those with no dance experience. Participants may dance either barefoot or in socks.
September 1 - November 17, 2017, Fridays
Instructor: Lawrence Mano
Lawrence Mano has been studying dance for 5 years with a wide range of instructors in the Hilo community. He has instructed portions of the UH Hilo Dance Ensemble classes over two semesters, and has choreographed multiple dance pieces and performed in numerous productions. Lawrence is a fun, warm and patient instructor, who loves to break down movement to help dancers to explore, learn about themselves and grow.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $85
Required: Please bring water and wear comfortable clothing that you can move in.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|Week of August 27, 2017||Next →|
- Board of Media Broadcasting Open Positions
- The UH Hilo Board of Media Broadcasting has two open positions for the 2017-2018 academic year. These positions will have an open application process until they are filled. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- UH Hilo Mentoring Recognition Award!
- Having a great mentor is critical in student success and we'd like to know who has been your mentor here at UH Hilo. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.