Aloha Las Vegas - Event Details
Aloha Las Vegas
Location: Performing Arts Center
ALOHA LAS VEGAS
By Edward Sakamoto
Directed by Justina Mattos
Thursday – Saturday, April 12 – 14, 2018 @ 7:30pm & Sunday, April 15, 2018 @ 2:00pm
Aloha Las Vegas centers on a retired baker, land rich but cash poor, who wrestles with the decision to relocate to Las Vegas in 1994. Sakamoto is quick to challenge easy affirmations and identifications. Beneath their feel-good humor and celebration of local language and culture, the play has a depth and an unpredictability. As Dennis Carroll observes in his Introduction, the play centers on the theme of "Hawai'i versus the mainland" and the challenges of relocation--the ambiguities of the definition of "home" and whether it can ever be recovered or regained--and the special qualities of local life that can or cannot be transplanted. This theme is relevant to all Americans familiar with the immigrant experience, not only those living in Hawai'i. This comedy comes to the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center stage for the first time.
Special Restrictions: Tickets are reserved seating: Advance Sales: $15 General, $10 Discount, $5 UHH/HCC Student/Child
At the Door: $20 General, $15 Discount, $10 UHH/HCC Student/Child
Please call the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center Box Office at 932-7490, Tuesday – Friday 10am-2pm or order online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
|← Previous||Week of April 8, 2018||Next →|
- Board of Media Broadcasting Open Positions
- The UH Hilo Board of Media Broadcasting has two open positions for the 2017-2018 academic year. These positions will have an open application process until they are filled. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- UH Hilo Mentoring Recognition Award!
- Having a great mentor is critical in student success and we'd like to know who has been your mentor here at UH Hilo. ...
- Campus & Community Service Spring Food Drive
- It’s that time of year again! Campus and Community Service is holding the Annual Spring Food Drive in conjunction with the University of Hawaiʻi State Food Drive. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.