The Alt - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: Performing Arts Center
The Alt is comprised of the three members that could rightly be considered a supergroup of folk music. First up is Ex-Solas member, renowned guitarist and songwriter John Doyle. Doyle is well known throughout the folk community for his stellar compositions and musicianship and has worked with everyone from Joan Baez, Mary Chapin Carpenter, and Tim O’Brien, to name but a few. Then there’s Nuala Kennedy. She is a noted flautist, singer and songwriter in her own right, touring all over the world and recording with artists like Will Oldham and Oliver Schroer for which she has received critical acclaim and recognition. Finally there’s Eamon O’Leary, who in addition to having performed and recorded with many of the top names in Irish music, is one half of the critically acclaimed Murphy Beds. The Murphy Beds have collaborated with longtime alt-folk greats Bonnie “Prince” Billy and Beth Orton along with several other respected musicians in their field.
As a trio, they make beautiful and compelling music that celebrates and demonstrates their love for old Irish ballads and freshly discovered songs that make up the rich Irish folk tradition. Each of these master musicians use their partnership and talent to touch at something deeper in the music and make it all their own.
“Every song has been well chosen and each is delivered with a style and clarity that shows all three singers to be masters of their craft.” Folk Radio UK
Special Restrictions: Tickets are reserved seating: Advance Sales: $25 General, $20 Discount, $12 UH Hilo /HCC Student/Child
At the Door: $30 General, $25 Discount, $17 UH Hilo/HCC Student/Child
Please call the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center Box Office at 932-7490, Tuesday – Friday 10am-2pm or order online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
Week of March 18, 2018Next →
- CCNE (Nursing) Third-Party Comments accepted
- The school of Nursing is hosting an on-site evaluation team from CCNE on March 13-15, 2019, as a part of the accreditation renewal process for the Doctorate of Nursing program. ...
- UH Campus Climate Survey 2019
- Attention all UH Hilo students: your voice MATTERS! The UH Campus Climate Survey on Sexual Harassment and Gender-based Violence is available from January 22-February 22, 2019. Check your UH email for the "climate survey" link. ...
- International Nights Tickets on Sale!
- Tickets for International Nights are now on sale! This annual event set for Friday, February 22 & Saturday, February 23 features performances from around the world. ...
- Active Shooter Exercise with HPD on Campus
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo’s Campus Crisis Management Team (CCMT) will conduct an “Emergency Exercise” on Friday, February 22. ...
- UH Campus Climate Survey
- Your Voice Matters! The UH Student Climate Survey on Sexual Harassment & Gender Based Violence access link has been sent out to current UH students via their hawaii.edu email. ...
- Sustainability Survey: Win $50
- UH Hilo students are invited to participate in a sustainability survey here: appstate.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3ac7NWDxTxAgCKp Participants will be entered into a drawing for a $50 gift card.
- Black History Month Events
- Know the past, Shape the future 2019 Black History Month Celebrates the contributions made by Black and African American Individuals. Come Join us as the campus celebrates during the month of February. ...
- 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2018. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2019. ...
- Read Across America: Join us!
- The Campus and Community Service office is looking for students to volunteer with us for Read Across America. Join us on Fri. March 1st, for a day of fun as we read to children at various elementary schools on the island. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.