The Alt - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: Performing Arts Center
The Alt is comprised of the three members that could rightly be considered a supergroup of folk music. First up is Ex-Solas member, renowned guitarist and songwriter John Doyle. Doyle is well known throughout the folk community for his stellar compositions and musicianship and has worked with everyone from Joan Baez, Mary Chapin Carpenter, and Tim O’Brien, to name but a few. Then there’s Nuala Kennedy. She is a noted flautist, singer and songwriter in her own right, touring all over the world and recording with artists like Will Oldham and Oliver Schroer for which she has received critical acclaim and recognition. Finally there’s Eamon O’Leary, who in addition to having performed and recorded with many of the top names in Irish music, is one half of the critically acclaimed Murphy Beds. The Murphy Beds have collaborated with longtime alt-folk greats Bonnie “Prince” Billy and Beth Orton along with several other respected musicians in their field.
As a trio, they make beautiful and compelling music that celebrates and demonstrates their love for old Irish ballads and freshly discovered songs that make up the rich Irish folk tradition. Each of these master musicians use their partnership and talent to touch at something deeper in the music and make it all their own.
“Every song has been well chosen and each is delivered with a style and clarity that shows all three singers to be masters of their craft.” Folk Radio UK
Special Restrictions: Tickets are reserved seating: Advance Sales: $25 General, $20 Discount, $12 UH Hilo /HCC Student/Child
At the Door: $30 General, $25 Discount, $17 UH Hilo/HCC Student/Child
Please call the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center Box Office at 932-7490, Tuesday – Friday 10am-2pm or order online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
|← Previous||Week of March 18, 2018||Next →|
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaiʻi State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaiʻi Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.