Okareka Dance Company presents: Mana Wahine - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Okareka Dance Company presents: Mana Wahine
Location: Performing Arts Center
Okareka Dance Company presents Mana Wahine, an all-female work that utilizes dance, theatre and film to honor the essence of what it is to be a woman. Drawing from historical events as well as true experiences within their own lives, the co-creators and dancers of Mana Wahine have created a piece that encompasses the very spirit of womanhood and legacy. It is a celebration of the women they have descended from, honoring those who have sculpted them into who they are today. Featuring exquisite lighting and audio-visual design, physical dexterity and grace and compelling music steeped in the Maori culture and tradition, Mana Wahine is a vision of strength that empowers women around the world.
“Mana Wahine is above all a rich fusion of choreography, music, tikanga, Maori and performance practices, AV, lighting and performance design…enriched and enlivened by the dancing of five powerhouse performers.” Raewyn Whyte, Theatreview
Special Restrictions: Tickets are reserved seating: Advance Sales: $25 General, $20 Discount, $12 UHH/HCC Student/Child
At the Door: $30 General, $25 Discount, $17 UHH/HCC Student/Child
Please call the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center Box Office at 932-7490, Tuesday – Friday 10am-2pm or order online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
|Week of January 28, 2018||Next →|
- APIA Scholarships
- UH Hilo undergraduate students of Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander and Asian American backgrounds who are U.S. ...
- Break Thru Adventures (BTA) Participant Application Deadline
- Hey Vulcans! If any of you are interested in joining Break Thru Adventures as a participant remember that the final deadline to apply is January 14, 2019, with a priority deadline on November 16. ...
- All those interested in getting involved! Relay For Life is recruiting committee members! Relay For Life is the only all night event on campus during the Spring semester. ...
- Go Global: Aotearoa Summer 2019
- Kia Ora! Immerse yourself in Maori culture, practices and history while living and engaging with the local Maori community in North Island, New Zealand (Aotearoa). ...
- Go Global: India (भारत) Summer 2019
- Spend three weeks in India exploring and learning about the history and culture of the country with History Professor Michael Skinner while earning three upper division credits. ...
- 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2018. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2019. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.