Okareka Dance Company presents: Mana Wahine POSTPONED - Event Details
Okareka Dance Company presents: Mana Wahine POSTPONED
Location: Performing Arts Center
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO FEBRUARY 2018.
The Okareka Dance Company has not been able to secure interviews at the Auckland US Consulate to collect their visas, despite being approved for visas as unique cultural performers by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services in September. This has forced the Hawaii presenters of the celebrated “Mana Wahine” dance production to postpone the tour, including the performance scheduled for the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center, Tuesday, October 24, 2017, to February 2018. We will announce as soon as we have finalized the February date. Mahalo nui loa for your understanding and support.
Okareka Dance Company presents Mana Wahine, an all-female work that utilizes dance, theatre and film to honor the essence of what it is to be a woman. Drawing from historical events as well as true experiences within their own lives, the co-creators and dancers of Mana Wahine have created a piece that encompasses the very spirit of womanhood and legacy. It is a celebration of the women they have descended from, honoring those who have sculpted them into who they are today. Featuring exquisite lighting and audio-visual design, physical dexterity and grace and compelling music steeped in the Maori culture and tradition, Mana Wahine is a vision of strength that empowers women around the world.
“Mana Wahine is above all a rich fusion of choreography, music, tikanga, Maori and performance practices, AV, lighting and performance design…enriched and enlivened by the dancing of five powerhouse performers.” Raewyn Whyte, Theatreview
Special Restrictions: Tickets are reserved seating: Advance Sales: $25 General, $20 Discount, $12 UHH/HCC Student/Child
At the Door: $30 General, $25 Discount, $17 UHH/HCC Student/Child
Please call the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center Box Office at 932-7490, Tuesday – Friday 10am-2pm or order online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
|← Previous||Week of October 22, 2017||Next →|
- APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship
- APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Apply for the APIASF AANAPISI scholarship! Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $5,000 awards. ...
- UH Hilo New Student Survey by NSP
- Aloha to all our newest Vulcans! Each year, the New Student Programs (NSP) office seeks feedback from the students to better its events and services. ...
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2018 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend eight to ten weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- LGBTQIA Student Support Group
- LGBTQIA Student Support Group LGBTQIA Student Support Group LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual) Support Group is for UH Hilo students who are questioning or identify as members of the LGBTQIA community. ...
- ASD Student Support Group
- ASD Student Support Group The ASD Support Group is for students who are part of the Autism Spectrum community. The purpose of the group is for members to get support from others in a safe, confidential setting. ...
- Fall 2017 Support Groups
- Counseling Services Present: Fall 2017 Counseling & Support Groups All UH Hilo students are welcome! There is no charge for our services. All services respect your privacy and confidentiality. ...
- Support for Students with Disabilities Group
- The Support Group for Students with Disabilities is for students with physical, learning, psychiatric or other disabilities. ...
- Women's Support Group
- The UH Hilo Counseling Center Women's Support Group, is for female students that are seeking to provide and receive support from other like-minded women, please join us for a time of healing, sharing and empowerment. ...
- New to UH Hilo Support Group
- Transitioning to Campus Life can be difficult. Students new to the University of Hawaii at Hilo are invited to join us for a time to connect, share and get support in your new journey. ...
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Series
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Program at Campus Center introduces the Student Leadership Series with a Certificate of Leadership for UH Hilo students who complete and attend 7+ leadership trainings. ...
- APIASF General Scholarship
- Apply for the APIASF General Scholarship for the 2018-2019 school year! Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $20,000 awards. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.