Beginners Boxing for Keiki - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Beginners Boxing for Keiki
Location: Old Gym
Students will be introduced to the basics of boxing, including safety,hand wrapping, proper stance, foot movement, basic punches, and blocking & counter punching. This course is designed to improve balance & coordination and teaches a blend of offensive and defensive skills used in the art of self defense.
Thursdays, August 31-October 5
Instructor: Perry Harada
Perry Harada is a certified coach, judge and referee with the United States Amateur Boxing, Inc.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $55
Required: Hand wraps, available from retail stores.
Must wear athletic shoes, appropriate exercise war, bring water and a towel.
This class is for ages 8-12.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of August 27, 2017Next →
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.