Art for Keiki- Encaustic Monotype Printing Workshop - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Art for Keiki- Encaustic Monotype Printing Workshop
Location: Manono Campus, Building 389 Art Studio
The process of creating artwork that is encaustic sounds complex, but is actually a fun and simple way to produce quick, colorful works of art with bees wax, damar crystals, and ground pigments. Encaustic Monotype Prints can be made more intricate with layers, adding ink drawings and charcoal rubbings. Participants will take home multiple prints and will be able to mount a single piece on a wood panel as a completed work of art ready for display. These prints are great as gifts or just to personalize a room in your home.
Saturday, November 18
Instructor: Kevin Diminyatz
Kevin Diminyatz is originally from the San Francisco Bay Area. He graduated from Sonoma State University in 1995 with a B.F.A in Printmaking and a minor in Art History. In 1998, Kevin received a Masters of Fine Arts in Painting from Mills College and began teaching art in High School while maintaining a studio practice and showing regularly in Bay Area and Los Angeles galleries. In 2007, Kevin and his wife, Miho, moved from San Francisco to Volcano where he now lives and works as a lecturer in the art departments of University Hawaii Hilo and Hawaii Community College. Kevin's interest in encaustics began over 25 years ago while a student of Mark Perlman, who is an accomplished encaustic painter.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $45
Please wear clothes that can get messy.
This class is for ages 6-11.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|Week of November 12, 2017||Next →|
- UH Hilo Student Association Seeks CAFNRM, KHʻUOK Senators
- Are you interested in leadership? UHHSA currently has two vacant positions open for the College of Agriculture, Forestry & Natural Resource Management Senator and Ka Haka ʻUla O Keʻelikōlani College of Hawaiian Language Senator. ...
- Freshmen 'Eleu (Mandatory Advising)
- Freshmen, your advisor will be sending you an email to set up an appointment to meet with him or her. Please check your email!
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the 2019-20 academic year, you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Vulcan Video Productions ( VVP) is looking for new members!
- Aloha! Vulcan Video Productions (VVP) is looking for new members for the 2018-19 academic year. If you have some media based background, the following positions are available: Promotions Manager, Technology Manager, and Productions Manager. ...
- Break Thru Adventures (BTA) Leader Application Deadline
- Hey Vulcans! If any of you are interested in joining Break Thru Adventures as a Leader remember that the deadline to apply is October 5, 2018. ...
- Hilo Vet Center @ Campus Center for Outreach Services
- Maricar S. Souza, Veteran Outreach Specialist, from the Hilo Vet Center will be located at the Campus Center Plaza for Fall 2018 from 9 am - 2 pm on the following dates: October 9 October 30 November 13 November 27 December 4 You may ...
- Students of Hawaii Advanced Research Project (SHARP)
- Interested in biomedical or biobehavioral research? Join our Students of Hawai‘i Advanced Research Project team. Go to www.uhhilo-SHARP.org to discover how to get paid while learning.
- Pre-Law Club is looking for new members
- Awesome and active club for future attorneys or law officers. Contact club President Harley Broyles at email@example.com to join or for more information.
- APIA Scholarships
- UH Hilo undergraduate students of Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander and Asian American backgrounds who are U.S. ...
- Break Thru Adventures (BTA) Participant Application Deadline
- Hey Vulcans! If any of you are interested in joining Break Thru Adventures as a participant remember that the final deadline to apply is January 14, 2019, with a priority deadline on November 16. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. For the registration pack and information regard UH Hilo clubs please visit our website. hilo.hawaii. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.