American Sign Language, Level 1a - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
American Sign Language, Level 1a
Location: K 106
This class will introduce the basics of American Sign Language (ASL), including grammar and vocabulary for simple social conversation. Participants will also learn about deaf culture and rules of social interaction.
Open to ages 15 and up.
Wednesdays, September 20-November 22
Instructor: Vicki Linter
Vicki Linter is a hearing instructor and learned ASL at Los Angeles, Pierce College. She was an ASL interpreter for 25 years and has taught ASL in community settings in California and in Hawaii.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $150
Required: Signing Naturally Student Workbook with DVD, Level 1, Unites 1-6, copyright 2008.
Open to ages 15 and up.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|Week of September 17, 2017||Next →|
- Board of Media Broadcasting Open Positions
- The UH Hilo Board of Media Broadcasting has two open positions for the 2017-2018 academic year. These positions will have an open application process until they are filled. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- UH Hilo Mentoring Recognition Award!
- Having a great mentor is critical in student success and we'd like to know who has been your mentor here at UH Hilo. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.