American Sign Language, Level 1a - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
American Sign Language, Level 1a
Location: K 106
This class will introduce the basics of American Sign Language (ASL), including grammar and vocabulary for simple social conversation. Participants will also learn about deaf culture and rules of social interaction.
Open to ages 15 and up.
Wednesdays, September 20-November 22
Instructor: Vicki Linter
Vicki Linter is a hearing instructor and learned ASL at Los Angeles, Pierce College. She was an ASL interpreter for 25 years and has taught ASL in community settings in California and in Hawaii.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $150
Required: Signing Naturally Student Workbook with DVD, Level 1, Unites 1-6, copyright 2008.
Open to ages 15 and up.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|Week of September 17, 2017||Next →|
- Pride Hilo Club looking for members
- Are you interested in creating an inclusive community that focuses on educating the general public about LGBTQ+ issues? What about forming a safe network for LGBTQ+ and ally students alike? If you would like to be part of representing the LGBTQ+ ...
- The English Club is searching for new members
- Do you love poetry? Maybe you're an aspiring novelist? Or maybe you haven't touched a book in three semesters? The English Club is open to all students, faculty, staff, and community members, who are interested in seeing how the written word - ...
- The Board of Student Publications wants you!
- Are you looking for a rich leadership opportunity where you can connect with students, faculty, and staff at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, while developing professional skills? If so, then the UH Hilo Board of Student Publications is ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaiʻi State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaiʻi Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.