Video Production Class - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Video Production Class
Location: UCB 125 (Mac Lab)
Students will go beyond basic recording of videos on mobile devices by learning from professionals who have worked in the film, television and recording industries. Using iPads, students will complete all of the steps to producing a short informational video, including researching the topic, writing the script, storyboarding, directing, shooting footage, and editing. This is a fun and interactive way for youth to work as a team, plan, organize, problem solve and be creative. Video topics will be focused on current UH Hilo research projects, giving students a taste of not just video production, but also exposing them to the university environment.
Dates: Jul 24-Jul 28, M/T/W/Th/F 9:00am-4:00pm
Instructors: Evan Clark, Adam Sydney, and Artin Mardirousi
Evan Clark: Evan Clark is a Certified Recording Engineer / Electronic Multimedia Producer from Kansas City. Evan is a graduate of Full Sail University / Studio Florida.
Adam Sydney: Having taught storytelling and writing classes for nearly ten years, Adam has two master's degrees in screenwriting and presently works in the entertainment industry as a screenplay evaluator. He has also published three novels and has worked as a journalist, creative director at an advertising agency, and the head of development at a film production company.
Artin Mardirousi: Artin Mardirousi worked as freelance videographer and production assistant for television shows and commercials, and studied at UCLA with a degree in Philosophy and minor film.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $250
Required: Students should bring their own iPad (Generation 2 or newer), if available.
There will be limited loaners. Bring lunch, water, and snacks. Students may not leave campus during the program.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|← Previous||Week of July 23, 2017||Next →|
- Accepting Applications for HOSA Chapter Executive Council
- Positions Open: President Elect 1(Fall 2017), President Elect 2 (2017-2018 SY), Secretary, Treasurer, Director of Community Outreach, Editor-In-Chief, and Historian. Contact Lark at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Study Abroad Fall 2018 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2018 or the academic year ('18-'19) you need to submit your application by October 2, 2017. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- UH Hilo New Student Survey by NSP
- Aloha to all our newest Vulcans! Each year, the New Student Programs (NSP) office seeks feedback from the students to better its events and services. ...
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2018 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend eight to ten weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Series
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Program at Campus Center introduces the Student Leadership Series with a Certificate of Leadership for UH Hilo students who complete and attend 7+ leadership trainings. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.