Video Production Class - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Video Production Class
Location: UCB 125 (Mac Lab)
Students will go beyond basic recording of videos on mobile devices by learning from professionals who have worked in the film, television and recording industries. Using iPads, students will complete all of the steps to producing a short informational video, including researching the topic, writing the script, storyboarding, directing, shooting footage, and editing. This is a fun and interactive way for youth to work as a team, plan, organize, problem solve and be creative. Video topics will be focused on current UH Hilo research projects, giving students a taste of not just video production, but also exposing them to the university environment.
Dates: Jul 24-Jul 28, M/T/W/Th/F 9:00am-4:00pm
Instructors: Evan Clark, Adam Sydney, and Artin Mardirousi
Evan Clark: Evan Clark is a Certified Recording Engineer / Electronic Multimedia Producer from Kansas City. Evan is a graduate of Full Sail University / Studio Florida.
Adam Sydney: Having taught storytelling and writing classes for nearly ten years, Adam has two master's degrees in screenwriting and presently works in the entertainment industry as a screenplay evaluator. He has also published three novels and has worked as a journalist, creative director at an advertising agency, and the head of development at a film production company.
Artin Mardirousi: Artin Mardirousi worked as freelance videographer and production assistant for television shows and commercials, and studied at UCLA with a degree in Philosophy and minor film.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $250
Required: Students should bring their own iPad (Generation 2 or newer), if available.
There will be limited loaners. Bring lunch, water, and snacks. Students may not leave campus during the program.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|Week of July 23, 2017||Next →|
- Pride Hilo Club looking for members
- Are you interested in creating an inclusive community that focuses on educating the general public about LGBTQ+ issues? What about forming a safe network for LGBTQ+ and ally students alike? If you would like to be part of representing the LGBTQ+ ...
- The English Club is searching for new members
- Do you love poetry? Maybe you're an aspiring novelist? Or maybe you haven't touched a book in three semesters? The English Club is open to all students, faculty, staff, and community members, who are interested in seeing how the written word - ...
- The Board of Student Publications wants you!
- Are you looking for a rich leadership opportunity where you can connect with students, faculty, and staff at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, while developing professional skills? If so, then the UH Hilo Board of Student Publications is ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaiʻi State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaiʻi Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.