Guitar Fundamentals, Level 1 - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Guitar Fundamentals, Level 1
Location: UCB 331
Learn the basics of guitar! This class is perfect for absolute beginners. Learn the parts of the instrument, holding techniques, each string and how they work individually as well as with one another. Students will learn the open position, learning each note for each fret, the C Major scale and all chords that fall within it, as well as additional open position chords.
Dates: July 10 - 28, 2017, Mondays & Fridays, 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Instructor: Artin Mardirousi
Artin Mardirousi began his music career at an early age, beginning with classical training as a violinist. During this time, the foundation for his live performances was established, including performing as part of his hometown's City Youth Orchestra. With his passion for string instruments now plucked, Artin picked up the guitar and began a relationship spanning well over a decade. From live performances with myriad of artists to professional recordings of original compositions, Artin has fine-tuned his passion for music and has set his sights on sharing the joy of musical creation.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $80
Required: Acoustic guitar (nylon or steel string).
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|Week of July 9, 2017||Next →|
- Board of Media Broadcasting Open Positions
- The UH Hilo Board of Media Broadcasting has two open positions for the 2017-2018 academic year. These positions will have an open application process until they are filled. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- UH Hilo Mentoring Recognition Award!
- Having a great mentor is critical in student success and we'd like to know who has been your mentor here at UH Hilo. ...
- Campus & Community Service Spring Food Drive
- It’s that time of year again! Campus and Community Service is holding the Annual Spring Food Drive in conjunction with the University of Hawaiʻi State Food Drive. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.