Guitar Fundamentals, Level 1 - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Guitar Fundamentals, Level 1
Location: UCB 331
Learn the basics of guitar! This class is perfect for absolute beginners. Learn the parts of the instrument, holding techniques, each string and how they work individually as well as with one another. Students will learn the open position, learning each note for each fret, the C Major scale and all chords that fall within it, as well as additional open position chords.
Dates: July 10 - 28, 2017, Mondays & Fridays, 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Instructor: Artin Mardirousi
Artin Mardirousi began his music career at an early age, beginning with classical training as a violinist. During this time, the foundation for his live performances was established, including performing as part of his hometown's City Youth Orchestra. With his passion for string instruments now plucked, Artin picked up the guitar and began a relationship spanning well over a decade. From live performances with myriad of artists to professional recordings of original compositions, Artin has fine-tuned his passion for music and has set his sights on sharing the joy of musical creation.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $80
Required: Acoustic guitar (nylon or steel string).
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|Week of July 9, 2017||Next →|
- Pride Hilo Club looking for members
- Are you interested in creating an inclusive community that focuses on educating the general public about LGBTQ+ issues? What about forming a safe network for LGBTQ+ and ally students alike? If you would like to be part of representing the LGBTQ+ ...
- The English Club is searching for new members
- Do you love poetry? Maybe you're an aspiring novelist? Or maybe you haven't touched a book in three semesters? The English Club is open to all students, faculty, staff, and community members, who are interested in seeing how the written word - ...
- The Board of Student Publications wants you!
- Are you looking for a rich leadership opportunity where you can connect with students, faculty, and staff at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, while developing professional skills? If so, then the UH Hilo Board of Student Publications is ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaiʻi State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaiʻi Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.