Exploring Korean Culture: Planning your Trip to Korea - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Exploring Korean Culture: Planning your Trip to Korea
Location: CH 6
Whether you’re planning a trip soon, or just want to take a “virtual tour” of South Korea, this class will help you understand, plan and prepare for your adventure. Exploring one province at a time, Aaron and Sohee Martinson will guide you in researching a range of possible activities and sites that may not be on the typical traveler’s “to do” list. This class will be highly interactive, involving lots of discussion and sharing of personal insights and perspectives. Actual travel to South Korea is not required to enjoy this class.
Dates: July 20 - August 3, 2017, Thursdays, 4:30pm - 6:30pm
Instructors: Aaron and Sohee Martinson
Instructor Bio: Aaron Martinson lived in South Korea for 8 years, where he was a writer, radio personality and professor. He was also an editor for the Korean Tourism Organization and wrote for magazines such as Seoul Select and Seoul Magazine. Sohee Lee is a native of South Korea, and was formerly a South Korean National Judo player and coach. She has been teaching Korean culture and cooking classes with CCECS, and is currently developing her own business related to Korean food.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $55
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of July 16, 2017Next →
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.