Creating a Series: Sitcom 101 - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Creating a Series: Sitcom 101
Location: UCB 331
If you’ve ever wondered how your favorite sitcom is made and you love team projects, this is your chance to become a creative partner in Sitcom 101. Join us as we work together to produce an episode for our own sitcom series. The first class will focus on brainstorming the show’s concept and establishing roles. From there, we’ll write the script, rehearse the lines, build the set, and finally shoot the episode. Whether you prefer to be “behind-the-scenes” or the star of the show, bring your own unique skills and talents to this fun project and see all your creativity on the screen.
Dates: July 6 - August 10, 2017, Thursdays, 5:00pm - 7:00pm, UH Hilo Campus
Instructor: Adam Sydney
Instructor Bio: Having taught storytelling and writing classes for nearly ten years, Adam has two master's degrees in screenwriting and presently works in the entertainment industry as a screenplay evaluator. He has also published three novels and has worked as a journalist, creative director at an advertising agency, and the head of development at a film production company.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $75
Required: Bring a notebook and pen.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of July 2, 2017Next →
Holiday observed: Independence Day
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.