Advanced Microsoft Excel-Beyond the Basics *ETF - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Advanced Microsoft Excel-Beyond the Basics *ETF
Location: UCB 105 (PC Lab)
Don’t waste your time on basic Excel 2016 skills that you already know. By assuming that you are already able to use Excel's basic features, this workshop will focus on advanced features and functionality of the software which include but are not limited to: Master dynamic tables using automatic, manual, qualified and unqualified structured table references Use advanced filters to apply complex logical criteria Use Excel's Subtotal feature to create both regular and nested subtotals Implement a hyperlink-based navigation system to allow users to easily navigate large workbooks Create beautiful interactive forms using checkbox, combo box, command button, text box and option button controls Record macros with both absolute and relative references Use slicers to allow touch-screen users to quickly filter Pivot Tables by multiple criteria Understand primary and foreign keys and use them to create both one-to-many and many-to-many relationships Understand OLAP pivot tables and use them to analyze data residing in a data model Use Get & Transform queries to extract, clean and combine data from Web Pages, Databases and Worksheets Use Get & Transform to create a de-normalized data extract from a multi-table relational database Required: Ability to operate a computer & basic Microsoft Excel experience. Who is Claire Akau: With 20+ years of experience, Claire's 3 career passions include Teaching/Training, Software and Accounting. She is also a Accounting instructor for the University of Hawaii at Hilo's College of Business and Economics.
Dates: Jul 24-Jul 28, M/W/F 4:30pm-6:30pm
Instructor: Claire Akau
Instructor Bio: With 20+ years of experience, Claire's 3 career passions include Teaching/Training, Software and Accounting. She is also a Accounting instructor for the University of Hawaii at Hilo's College of Business and Economics
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $85
Required: Ability to operate a computer & basic Microsoft Excel experience.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|Week of July 23, 2017||Next →|
- Pride Hilo Club looking for members
- Are you interested in creating an inclusive community that focuses on educating the general public about LGBTQ+ issues? What about forming a safe network for LGBTQ+ and ally students alike? If you would like to be part of representing the LGBTQ+ ...
- The English Club is searching for new members
- Do you love poetry? Maybe you're an aspiring novelist? Or maybe you haven't touched a book in three semesters? The English Club is open to all students, faculty, staff, and community members, who are interested in seeing how the written word - ...
- The Board of Student Publications wants you!
- Are you looking for a rich leadership opportunity where you can connect with students, faculty, and staff at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, while developing professional skills? If so, then the UH Hilo Board of Student Publications is ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaiʻi State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaiʻi Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.