Meet Me In Paris - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Meet Me In Paris
Location: Performing Arts Center
“Meet Me In Paris” and dance the night away to the acclaimed sound of the Hot Club of San Francisco featuring the popular French vocalist Isabelle Fontaine. The UH Hilo Performing Arts Center’s annual fundraiser will be held on Thursday, March 2nd. The evening begins at 7:00 p.m. with hors d’oeuvres, patisserie and beverages generously donated by AJ & Sons Catering, Akmal’s Indian Kitchen, Big Island Delights, Big Island Juice Co., Café Pesto, Hilo Bake Shop, Hilo Hawaiian Hotel, Ken's House of Pancakes, Le Magic Pan, Moostruck Patisserie, Pineapples Island Fresh Cuisine, Short n Sweet Bakery, Sodexo Campus Dining Services, Sweet Cane Café and Wiki Fresh.
The concert and dancing begin at 7:30 p.m. You can dance to your hearts content on the Performing Arts Center Stage, or enjoy the music and other guests dance moves from the comfort of a theatre seat, to Love songs and driving gypsy jazz. The two are a combination made famous during the 20’s and 30’s in Paris by the legendary Hot Club de France, Django Reinhardt, and Stephane Grappelli. The Hot Club’s unique sound of gypsy jazz reflects the inter-wartime collection of cultures. Keep time with the strum of the rhythm guitars and let the magical guitar and fiddle solos take you on a ride down the Seine and through the heart of the city. Ms. Fontaine’s mix of sweet and sultry songs adds a touch of beauty and authenticity that echoes the historic Ville-Lumière, “the city of light”.
Surprise Boxes will be available for $15 and are stuffed with fabulous prizes donated by local businesses. You could find a stay for two at the scenic Palms Cliff House or a beautiful koa bowl in your box!
Don’t miss this fun filled evening, invoking an unforgettable Parisian experience, wile supporting the arts and education is east Hawai’i.
We are grateful to our corporate sponsor GW Construction for their generous support. The proceeds of this event will benefit the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center Scholarship Fund, and the Center’s educational outreach programs.
Read more at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu/special-events.php#hotclub
Special Restrictions: Tickets are $45 and available by calling the UH Hilo Box Office at 932-7490 or ordering online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
|Week of February 26, 2017||Next →|
- Pride Hilo Club looking for members
- Are you interested in creating an inclusive community that focuses on educating the general public about LGBTQ+ issues? What about forming a safe network for LGBTQ+ and ally students alike? If you would like to be part of representing the LGBTQ+ ...
- The English Club is searching for new members
- Do you love poetry? Maybe you're an aspiring novelist? Or maybe you haven't touched a book in three semesters? The English Club is open to all students, faculty, staff, and community members, who are interested in seeing how the written word - ...
- The Board of Student Publications wants you!
- Are you looking for a rich leadership opportunity where you can connect with students, faculty, and staff at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, while developing professional skills? If so, then the UH Hilo Board of Student Publications is ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaiʻi State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaiʻi Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.