UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra Concert - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra Concert
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
The UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra will perform in concert at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center on Thursday May 4th, 7:30pm, celebrating the release of the new album: Professor T & The East Side Shredders.
The highly acclaimed UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra will be performing original songs from the new album written by musical director Trever Veilleux. The album features Veilleux on guitar and vocals and performances from several members of the The UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra.
Several of East Hawaii’s premier musicians will be appearing as special guests at the concert including: Wendell Ing on keyboards, Jeff Gaeth on saxophone, Gonzo on bass, RaVani Flood on vocals and Gardner De Aguiar on guitar and vocals.
I am so excited that these amazing musicians not only performed on the album, but will also be joining us for the concert. It’s a great opportunity for our students to get to perform alongside these professional musicians. Jeff Gaeth, for example, has had an amazing career performing with artists such as Ray Charles and Michael Jackson, so his participation should be a real treat both for the audience and the other performers!” said Veilleux.
The concert will also feature dance and original choreography by Dori Yamada. Choreographer Dori says “I am super honored that Trever asked me to choreograph a few dances for this concert because this show features his original compositions. I've had the pleasure to work and perform alongside him for the past five or six years now and this one definitely feels the most personal and special because it originated from his creative genius. This is a chance to celebrate him and folks are in for yet another good show!”
Advance copies of the new CD Professor T & The East Side Shredders will be available for purchase at the concert.
For more information, or to order tickets, contact the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center Box Office at 932-7490 or visit artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu.
For disability accommodations, please contact Dori Yamada at (808) 932-7496 (V) or (808) 933-3334 (TTY) at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Special Restrictions: Tickets are open seating $10 General, $7 Discount, $5 Students w/ Valid ID & Children 17 & under.
Advance ticket purchase is recommended.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
|Week of April 30, 2017||Next →|
TBD Mens Golf
TBD Mens Golf
TBD Mens Golf
- Free Video Production workshop series
- Learn the principles of producing professional video content from two highly experienced entertainment industry producers. Topics range from producing and directing to broadcast platforms and selling yourself and your intellectual property. ...
- PIPES Internship applications accepted through February 8th
- The Pacific Internship Programs for Exploring Science is accepting applications through February 8th. Internships are available on Hawaiʻi, Maui, Oʻahu Molokaʻi, Kauaʻi, and across the Pacific. ...
- Go Global: Aotearoa Summer 2019
- Kia Ora! Immerse yourself in Maori culture, practices and history while living and engaging with the local Maori community in North Island, New Zealand (Aotearoa). ...
- Go Global: India (भारत) Summer 2019
- Spend three weeks in India exploring and learning about the history and culture of the country with History Professor Michael Skinner while earning three upper division credits. ...
- Study Abroad Photo Contest
- Submit your fun, exciting, adventurous or studious photos from any of your trips. It could be from your vacation, study abroad, national exchange journey or a trip with your exchange/international friends. ...
- 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2018. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2019. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.