UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra Concert - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra Concert
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
The UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra will perform in concert at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center on Thursday May 4th, 7:30pm, celebrating the release of the new album: Professor T & The East Side Shredders.
The highly acclaimed UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra will be performing original songs from the new album written by musical director Trever Veilleux. The album features Veilleux on guitar and vocals and performances from several members of the The UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra.
Several of East Hawaii’s premier musicians will be appearing as special guests at the concert including: Wendell Ing on keyboards, Jeff Gaeth on saxophone, Gonzo on bass, RaVani Flood on vocals and Gardner De Aguiar on guitar and vocals.
I am so excited that these amazing musicians not only performed on the album, but will also be joining us for the concert. It’s a great opportunity for our students to get to perform alongside these professional musicians. Jeff Gaeth, for example, has had an amazing career performing with artists such as Ray Charles and Michael Jackson, so his participation should be a real treat both for the audience and the other performers!” said Veilleux.
The concert will also feature dance and original choreography by Dori Yamada. Choreographer Dori says “I am super honored that Trever asked me to choreograph a few dances for this concert because this show features his original compositions. I've had the pleasure to work and perform alongside him for the past five or six years now and this one definitely feels the most personal and special because it originated from his creative genius. This is a chance to celebrate him and folks are in for yet another good show!”
Advance copies of the new CD Professor T & The East Side Shredders will be available for purchase at the concert.
For more information, or to order tickets, contact the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center Box Office at 932-7490 or visit artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu.
For disability accommodations, please contact Dori Yamada at (808) 932-7496 (V) or (808) 933-3334 (TTY) at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Special Restrictions: Tickets are open seating $10 General, $7 Discount, $5 Students w/ Valid ID & Children 17 & under.
Advance ticket purchase is recommended.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
|Week of April 30, 2017||Next →|
TBD Mens Golf
TBD Mens Golf
TBD Mens Golf
- APIASF General Scholarship
- Apply for the APIASF General Scholarship for the 2018-2019 school year! Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $20,000 awards. ...
- 2018-19 FAFSA Available Now
- Effective October 1, 2017, students can complete their 2018-19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2018. ...
- Summer 2018 and Spring 2019 Study Abroad Application Due
- If you are considering studying abroad for Summer 2018 or Spring 2019, you need to submit your application by March 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2018-19 UH System Common Scholarship Application
- The 2018-19 UH System Common Scholarship Application opened November 1, 2017. Go online to complete your application today and apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2018. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.