Black Arm Band: Dirtsong - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Black Arm Band: Dirtsong
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Black Arm Band is a collective of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders (ATSI) who are widely acclaimed for their distinctive music theatre performances, and celebration of indigenous culture, language and uniquely powerful visual imagery. At the heart of Black Arm Band’s ethos is their relationship with the indigenous communities from where their work draws its inspiration.
Performing with exceptional artistry, authentic storytelling, profoundly affecting performances and an artistic memorandum of celebration-revolution-reconciliation, this is one show that is not to be missed.
“Never didactic or preachy, dirtsong was a purely celebratory experience of a vibrant, living and constantly evolving culture.” The Advertiser (Adelaide)
“Up on stage at Hamer Hall on Friday night were some of the greatest performers this country can presently boast of…a phenomenon as significant to the national cultural life as Aboriginal art.” The Age
For disability accommodations, please contact Dori Yamada at (808) 932-7496 (V) or (808) 933-3334 (TTY) at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Special Restrictions: Tickets are reserved seating: Advance sales: $30 General, $25 Discount, $15 Students w/ Valid ID & Children 17 & under. At the Door: $35 General, $30 Discount, $20 UH Hilo/HCC Student/Child
Call 932-7490 or order online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
Week of January 15, 2017Next →
Holiday observed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open
- This recognition awards acknowledges the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community. ...
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.