The Ghosts of Hiroshima - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
The Ghosts of Hiroshima
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
By Deborah Lubar with Diane Wickes Roose
Directed by Jackie Pualani Johnson
“…..just like shadows. The shock was so great they had lost words, they could not speak; everyone was very, very quiet. Even the children did not cry. Silence”. - Miss Shibama
The words of survivors of the bombing of Hiroshima are framed against the hard facts about nuclear weapons in this stirring theatrical consideration of the effects of the bomb dropped on Hiroshima on August 6, 1945, killing 146,000 people.
“When I look at children, I pledge that I must help to rid the world of nuclear weapons. Indeed, this is my only remaining wish.” - Miss Shibama
Images, words, science, and poetry interweave through the repercussions of the bombing, allowing all to understand the scale and impact of nuclear weaponry. The theatrical conventions of movement, dance, and masks allow the ideas to be considered in a startling, revealing manner.
The Performing Arts Department presents this landmark offering as an ode to the times and temperaments found in today’s global landscape. At the heart of the production is the consideration of the human costs of war.
Special Restrictions: Tickets are open seating $12 General, $10 Discount, $5 Students w/ Valid ID & Children 17 & under.
Call 932-7490 or order online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
|Week of November 13, 2016||Next →|
TBD Men's Basketball
- UH Hilo Student Association Seeks CAFNRM, KHʻUOK Senators
- Are you interested in leadership? UHHSA currently has two vacant positions open for the College of Agriculture, Forestry & Natural Resource Management Senator and Ka Haka ʻUla O Keʻelikōlani College of Hawaiian Language Senator. ...
- Freshmen 'Eleu (Mandatory Advising)
- Freshmen, your advisor will be sending you an email to set up an appointment to meet with him or her. Please check your email!
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the 2019-20 academic year, you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Vulcan Video Productions ( VVP) is looking for new members!
- Aloha! Vulcan Video Productions (VVP) is looking for new members for the 2018-19 academic year. If you have some media based background, the following positions are available: Promotions Manager, Technology Manager, and Productions Manager. ...
- Break Thru Adventures (BTA) Leader Application Deadline
- Hey Vulcans! If any of you are interested in joining Break Thru Adventures as a Leader remember that the deadline to apply is October 5, 2018. ...
- Hilo Vet Center @ Campus Center for Outreach Services
- Maricar S. Souza, Veteran Outreach Specialist, from the Hilo Vet Center will be located at the Campus Center Plaza for Fall 2018 from 9 am - 2 pm on the following dates: October 9 October 30 November 13 November 27 December 4 You may ...
- Students of Hawaii Advanced Research Project (SHARP)
- Interested in biomedical or biobehavioral research? Join our Students of Hawai‘i Advanced Research Project team. Go to www.uhhilo-SHARP.org to discover how to get paid while learning.
- Pre-Law Club is looking for new members
- Awesome and active club for future attorneys or law officers. Contact club President Harley Broyles at email@example.com to join or for more information.
- Love Yourself: Body Wellness and ED Support Group
- Counseling Services is hosting a support group for students with body image concerns called "Love Yourself". In the Love Yourself support group, we will explore ideas about body image, self-esteem and our approach towards ourselves. ...
- APIA Scholarships
- UH Hilo undergraduate students of Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander and Asian American backgrounds who are U.S. ...
- Break Thru Adventures (BTA) Participant Application Deadline
- Hey Vulcans! If any of you are interested in joining Break Thru Adventures as a participant remember that the final deadline to apply is January 14, 2019, with a priority deadline on November 16. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. For the registration pack and information regard UH Hilo clubs please visit our website. hilo.hawaii. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.