Dance Collective - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Why do we dance? Because there is nothing in the world quite like it. It is often athletic. Sometimes it is lyrical or percussive, at other times powerful and moody, or joyful, exuberant, introspective or heartrending. It can be done alone or as part of a unique communal experience. Dance evokes feeling and captures and projects the full spectrum of emotion often without words and it transcends race, language, orientation, age, and gender, speaking to us in a way we all instinctively understand.
The primary goal of putting together this dance concert is to bring the vast array of choreographers and dancers from all over Hilo to one stage to dialog and share with each another, as well as with the audience, the gift of their talents and passions. By sharing in their love of dance as well as their mutual desire to create bridges within the community, everyone involved will benefit. Movement discoveries will be made, new friendships will occur and the foundations for dance will strengthen and increase over time.
This first annual dance concert is the stepping stone to what will hopefully become an enriching and educational experience for participants and audience members alike. Showcasing young and upcoming choreographers and dancers as well as established performers from Center Stage Dance Alliance, Island Dance Academy, N2 Dance, and the UH Hilo Dance department to name but a few, this one night only show will feature a range of dance styles displaying the dynamic skill and creativity of our dance collective.
The proceeds from this event will go toward providing dance opportunities for our island community and perpetuating this event.
Special Restrictions: Tickets are open seating: $20 General, $10 Students w/ Valid ID & Children 17 & under. Call 932-7490 or order online at arts center.uhh.hawaii.edu
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
|Week of September 11, 2016||Next →|
TBD Men's Soccer
- Study Abroad Fall 2018 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2018 or the academic year ('18-'19) you need to submit your application by October 2, 2017. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- UH Hilo New Student Survey by NSP
- Aloha to all our newest Vulcans! Each year, the New Student Programs (NSP) office seeks feedback from the students to better its events and services. ...
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2018 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend eight to ten weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Series
- The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Program at Campus Center introduces the Student Leadership Series with a Certificate of Leadership for UH Hilo students who complete and attend 7+ leadership trainings. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.