Keaka - Hawaiian Language Theatre Festival - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Keaka - Hawaiian Language Theatre Festival
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Hoʻoulu: 9am - 11am
Presented by Ke Kula ʻO Nāwahīokalaniʻōpuʻu The relationship between mele (song) and meakanu (plants) through workshops, oratory review and hula presentations under the direction of Haʻamauliola Aiona and Pāʻani Kelson.
Hōʻikeʻike: Lāʻieikawai: 1:30pm - 3:30pm
Presented by the University of Hawai’i at Mānoa A behind the scenes presentation on the research and development process of Lāʻieikawai, the inaugural hana keaka of the Hawaiian Theatre Program at UHMʻs Department of Theatre and Dance under the direction of Hailiʻōpua Baker, in collaboration with Kaliko Baker, Snowbird Bento, and Keawe Lopes.
Hā'upu: 7:30pm ~ 9:00pm
Presented by Kamehameha High School, Hawai’i Campus An opera based on the legend of Hina, the chiefess from Hilo, her sons Kana and Niheu, and her abduction by Molokaʻi chief Kapepeʻekauila, written by Herb Mahelona and Eric Stack.
All programs are sponsored by the UH Hilo Performing Arts Department and Kīpuka Native Hawaiian Student Center, UH Hilo Title III Program NHSI
Special Restrictions: Sponsored by the UH Hilo Performing Arts Department and Kīpuka Native Hawaiian Student Center, UH Hilo Title III Program NHSI this event is FREE of charge.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7491
What's also happening?
|Week of May 29, 2016||Next →|
Holiday observed: Memorial Day
- APIA Scholarships
- UH Hilo undergraduate students of Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander and Asian American backgrounds who are U.S. ...
- Break Thru Adventures (BTA) Participant Application Deadline
- Hey Vulcans! If any of you are interested in joining Break Thru Adventures as a participant remember that the final deadline to apply is January 14, 2019, with a priority deadline on November 16. ...
- All those INTERESTED in getting INVOLVED! Relay For Life is recruiting committee members! Relay For Life is the only all night event on campus during the Spring semester. ...
- Go Global: Aotearoa Summer 2019
- Kia Ora! Immerse yourself in Maori culture, practices and history while living and engaging with the local Maori community in North Island, New Zealand (Aotearoa). ...
- Go Global: India (भारत) Summer 2019
- Spend three weeks in India exploring and learning about the history and culture of the country with History Professor Michael Skinner while earning three upper division credits. ...
- 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2018. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2019. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.