Keaka - Hawaiian Language Theatre Festival - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Keaka - Hawaiian Language Theatre Festival
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Hoʻoulu: 9am - 11am
Presented by Ke Kula ʻO Nāwahīokalaniʻōpuʻu The relationship between mele (song) and meakanu (plants) through workshops, oratory review and hula presentations under the direction of Haʻamauliola Aiona and Pāʻani Kelson.
Hōʻikeʻike: Lāʻieikawai: 1:30pm - 3:30pm
Presented by the University of Hawai’i at Mānoa A behind the scenes presentation on the research and development process of Lāʻieikawai, the inaugural hana keaka of the Hawaiian Theatre Program at UHMʻs Department of Theatre and Dance under the direction of Hailiʻōpua Baker, in collaboration with Kaliko Baker, Snowbird Bento, and Keawe Lopes.
Hā'upu: 7:30pm ~ 9:00pm
Presented by Kamehameha High School, Hawai’i Campus An opera based on the legend of Hina, the chiefess from Hilo, her sons Kana and Niheu, and her abduction by Molokaʻi chief Kapepeʻekauila, written by Herb Mahelona and Eric Stack.
All programs are sponsored by the UH Hilo Performing Arts Department and Kīpuka Native Hawaiian Student Center, UH Hilo Title III Program NHSI
Special Restrictions: Sponsored by the UH Hilo Performing Arts Department and Kīpuka Native Hawaiian Student Center, UH Hilo Title III Program NHSI this event is FREE of charge.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7491
What's also happening?
|Week of May 29, 2016||Next →|
Holiday observed: Memorial Day
- Pride Hilo Club looking for members
- Are you interested in creating an inclusive community that focuses on educating the general public about LGBTQ+ issues? What about forming a safe network for LGBTQ+ and ally students alike? If you would like to be part of representing the LGBTQ+ ...
- The English Club is searching for new members
- Do you love poetry? Maybe you're an aspiring novelist? Or maybe you haven't touched a book in three semesters? The English Club is open to all students, faculty, staff, and community members, who are interested in seeing how the written word - ...
- The Board of Student Publications wants you!
- Are you looking for a rich leadership opportunity where you can connect with students, faculty, and staff at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, while developing professional skills? If so, then the UH Hilo Board of Student Publications is ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaiʻi State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaiʻi Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.