Resume Writing Workshop - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Resume Writing Workshop
Location: Campus Center, Room 306
Most people know that performing well in an interview can help to guarantee a job or internship offer, but getting the interview itself requires a strong resume. This workshop is designed to help students with little work experience to develop a resume designed to highlight life experience that translate into marketable skills:
• Identify your skills and competencies from multiple life experiences.
• Organize your skills and experiences in categories that are meaningful to prospective employers.
• Tailor your resume to match the needs of a position you're applying for.
• Utilize key words to pass recruiters' '20 second scan' test.
• Format your resume in a legible and attractive manner.
Conducted by the Office of Applied Learning Experiences (ALEX)
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 987-6551
What's also happening?
|Week of September 20, 2015||Next →|
TBD Men's Golf
TBD Men's Golf
TBD Men's Golf
- Pride Hilo Club looking for members
- Are you interested in creating an inclusive community that focuses on educating the general public about LGBTQ+ issues? What about forming a safe network for LGBTQ+ and ally students alike? If you would like to be part of representing the LGBTQ+ ...
- The English Club is searching for new members
- Do you love poetry? Maybe you're an aspiring novelist? Or maybe you haven't touched a book in three semesters? The English Club is open to all students, faculty, staff, and community members, who are interested in seeing how the written word - ...
- The Board of Student Publications wants you!
- Are you looking for a rich leadership opportunity where you can connect with students, faculty, and staff at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, while developing professional skills? If so, then the UH Hilo Board of Student Publications is ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly check our page, hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.