Las Cafeteras - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Taking the music scene by storm with their infectious live performances and genre-crossing sound, Las Cafeteras seamlessly fuses traditional Afro-Caribbean music with modern rhythms and lyrically rich storytelling to create a new urban folk sound that reflects the streets of today’s East Los Angeles.
The music of Las Cafeteras is brought to life by an assortment of eclectic instrumentation (jarana, requinto, a donkey jawbone, Marimbol, cajon and a wooden platform called the Tarima, used to dance Zapateado) that creates a contagious sound that has won the band comparisons to Mumford and Sons.
Las Cafeteras has also shared the stage with diverse acts such as Mexican icons Califanes, Colombian superstar, Juanes, Los Angeles legends Ozomatli, indie folk favorite Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros and most recently with the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra.
Special Restrictions: Tickets are: Advance Sales: $25 General, $20 Discount, $12 UHH/HCC Student/Child. At the Door: $30 General, $25 Discount, $17 UHH/HCC Student/Child. Available at the UH Hilo Box Office Tues-Fri 9am - 1pm, 932-7490 or online at arts center.uhh.hawaii.edu
For more information, contact: email@example.com 932-7490
What's also happening?
|Week of January 24, 2016||Next →|
- UH Hilo Student Association Seeks CAFNRM, KHʻUOK Senators
- Are you interested in leadership? UHHSA currently has two vacant positions open for the College of Agriculture, Forestry & Natural Resource Management Senator and Ka Haka ʻUla O Keʻelikōlani College of Hawaiian Language Senator. ...
- Freshmen 'Eleu (Mandatory Advising)
- Freshmen, your advisor will be sending you an email to set up an appointment to meet with him or her. Please check your email!
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the 2019-20 academic year, you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Vulcan Video Productions ( VVP) is looking for new members!
- Aloha! Vulcan Video Productions (VVP) is looking for new members for the 2018-19 academic year. If you have some media based background, the following positions are available: Promotions Manager, Technology Manager, and Productions Manager. ...
- Break Thru Adventures (BTA) Leader Application Deadline
- Hey Vulcans! If any of you are interested in joining Break Thru Adventures as a Leader remember that the deadline to apply is October 5, 2018. ...
- Hilo Vet Center @ Campus Center for Outreach Services
- Maricar S. Souza, Veteran Outreach Specialist, from the Hilo Vet Center will be located at the Campus Center Plaza for Fall 2018 from 9 am - 2 pm on the following dates: October 9 October 30 November 13 November 27 December 4 You may ...
- Students of Hawaii Advanced Research Project (SHARP)
- Interested in biomedical or biobehavioral research? Join our Students of Hawai‘i Advanced Research Project team. Go to www.uhhilo-SHARP.org to discover how to get paid while learning.
- Pre-Law Club is looking for new members
- Awesome and active club for future attorneys or law officers. Contact club President Harley Broyles at firstname.lastname@example.org to join or for more information.
- APIA Scholarships
- UH Hilo undergraduate students of Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander and Asian American backgrounds who are U.S. ...
- Break Thru Adventures (BTA) Participant Application Deadline
- Hey Vulcans! If any of you are interested in joining Break Thru Adventures as a participant remember that the final deadline to apply is January 14, 2019, with a priority deadline on November 16. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. For the registration pack and information regard UH Hilo clubs please visit our website. hilo.hawaii. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.