Las Cafeteras - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Taking the music scene by storm with their infectious live performances and genre-crossing sound, Las Cafeteras seamlessly fuses traditional Afro-Caribbean music with modern rhythms and lyrically rich storytelling to create a new urban folk sound that reflects the streets of today’s East Los Angeles.
The music of Las Cafeteras is brought to life by an assortment of eclectic instrumentation (jarana, requinto, a donkey jawbone, Marimbol, cajon and a wooden platform called the Tarima, used to dance Zapateado) that creates a contagious sound that has won the band comparisons to Mumford and Sons.
Las Cafeteras has also shared the stage with diverse acts such as Mexican icons Califanes, Colombian superstar, Juanes, Los Angeles legends Ozomatli, indie folk favorite Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros and most recently with the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra.
Special Restrictions: Tickets are: Advance Sales: $25 General, $20 Discount, $12 UHH/HCC Student/Child. At the Door: $30 General, $25 Discount, $17 UHH/HCC Student/Child. Available at the UH Hilo Box Office Tues-Fri 9am - 1pm, 932-7490 or online at arts center.uhh.hawaii.edu
For more information, contact: email@example.com 932-7490
What's also happening?
Week of January 24, 2016Next →
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.