Las Cafeteras - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Taking the music scene by storm with their infectious live performances and genre-crossing sound, Las Cafeteras seamlessly fuses traditional Afro-Caribbean music with modern rhythms and lyrically rich storytelling to create a new urban folk sound that reflects the streets of today’s East Los Angeles.
The music of Las Cafeteras is brought to life by an assortment of eclectic instrumentation (jarana, requinto, a donkey jawbone, Marimbol, cajon and a wooden platform called the Tarima, used to dance Zapateado) that creates a contagious sound that has won the band comparisons to Mumford and Sons.
Las Cafeteras has also shared the stage with diverse acts such as Mexican icons Califanes, Colombian superstar, Juanes, Los Angeles legends Ozomatli, indie folk favorite Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros and most recently with the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra.
Special Restrictions: Tickets are: Advance Sales: $25 General, $20 Discount, $12 UHH/HCC Student/Child. At the Door: $30 General, $25 Discount, $17 UHH/HCC Student/Child. Available at the UH Hilo Box Office Tues-Fri 9am - 1pm, 932-7490 or online at arts center.uhh.hawaii.edu
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 932-7490
What's also happening?
|Week of January 24, 2016||Next →|
- APIA Scholarships
- UH Hilo undergraduate students of Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander and Asian American backgrounds who are U.S. ...
- Break Thru Adventures (BTA) Participant Application Deadline
- Hey Vulcans! If any of you are interested in joining Break Thru Adventures as a participant remember that the final deadline to apply is January 14, 2019, with a priority deadline on November 16. ...
- All those interested in getting involved! Relay For Life is recruiting committee members! Relay For Life is the only all night event on campus during the Spring semester. ...
- Go Global: Aotearoa Summer 2019
- Kia Ora! Immerse yourself in Maori culture, practices and history while living and engaging with the local Maori community in North Island, New Zealand (Aotearoa). ...
- Go Global: India (भारत) Summer 2019
- Spend three weeks in India exploring and learning about the history and culture of the country with History Professor Michael Skinner while earning three upper division credits. ...
- 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2018. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2019. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.