Upaj: Improvise FILM SCREENING - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Upaj: Improvise FILM SCREENING
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
The documentary film Upaj: Improvise, chronicles the unique collaboration between the late Kathak maestro Pandit Chitresh Das and Tap Star Jason Samuels Smith. Here Producer Antara Bhardwaj brings her two worlds of film and Classical Indian dance together. Upaj: Improvise was the Best Documentary winner at the Dance Camera West Film Festival (2014) and has screened at festivals throughout the world, including the Mumbai International Film Festival, Raindance Film Festival (U.K.) and Byron Bay Film Festival (Australia). It was broadcast nationally in the U.S. on PBS World in 2014.
Antara Bhardwaj, a disciple of renowed Kathak master, Pandit Chitresh Das, is a solo Kathak artist, and member of the internationally renowned Chitresh Das Dance Company. She is an upcoming artist of the next generation.
The event is presented in conjunction with the Indian Classical Musical Circle of Hawaii.
Special Restrictions: Tickets for this special screening will go on sale on August 25, 2015
$5 Children 17 & under & UHH/HCC Students with valid ID
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
|Week of September 13, 2015||Next →|
TBD Men's Golf
TBD Men's Golf
- APIA Scholarships
- UH Hilo undergraduate students of Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander and Asian American backgrounds who are U.S. ...
- Break Thru Adventures (BTA) Participant Application Deadline
- Hey Vulcans! If any of you are interested in joining Break Thru Adventures as a participant remember that the final deadline to apply is January 14, 2019, with a priority deadline on November 16. ...
- All those interested in getting involved! Relay For Life is recruiting committee members! Relay For Life is the only all night event on campus during the Spring semester. ...
- Go Global: Aotearoa Summer 2019
- Kia Ora! Immerse yourself in Maori culture, practices and history while living and engaging with the local Maori community in North Island, New Zealand (Aotearoa). ...
- Go Global: India (भारत) Summer 2019
- Spend three weeks in India exploring and learning about the history and culture of the country with History Professor Michael Skinner while earning three upper division credits. ...
- 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2018. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2019. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.