Hohonu Cover Art Design Contest - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
Hohonu Cover Art Design Contest
Hohonu, UH Hilo’s academic journal is seeking for potential cover art pieces for our 2013-2014 AND 2014-2015 publications!
1st prize winner will be awarded a Wacon Intuos Professional Pen and Touch – Medium (one of the best graphics pads in the country) and the winning art will be featured on the cover of the 2014-2015 publication (this academic year).
2nd prize winner will be awarded a Kindle Fire and the winning art will be featured on the cover of the 2013-2014 publication (last academic year).
The artwork may be graphic design, a painting, print, pencil or any other 2D piece. 3D pieces will not be accepted!
The artwork must:
1. Be vertical (and or able to be cropped into a vertical frame)
2. Include aspect(s) of Hawaiian culture or illustrate Hawaiian traditions (i.e.) taro plants, volcanoes, waterfalls, honu, lehua, Pele) you may be really creative and include multiple things!
3. Not contain any nudity, drug or alcohol related content, false or obscene language. Please keep it all-age appropriate.
4. Not contain text
The deadline for submission is at 6:00pm on February 10, 2015.
To submit, please e-mail an appropriate (meaning good quality) picture of your artwork to Samantha Howell, Hohonu Editor in Chief at:
If you have any questions or cannot provide appropriate images of your artwork, feel free to contact us through the same e-mail above or visit us at Campus Center 215. If necessary, we will be able to take images for you.
There is not much time left so HURRY, HURRY! A Wacon Intuos or Kindle awaits the winners!
Hohonu Editor and Chief
Special Restrictions: Open to currently registered UH Hilo students only.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's also happening?
Week of February 8, 2015Next →
- Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open
- This recognition awards acknowledges the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community. ...
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.