The History of Snow and Ice on the Summits of Hawaiʻi - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
The History of Snow and Ice on the Summits of Hawaiʻi
Location: Sciences and Technology Building (STB), Room 108
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Physics and Astronomy program and the Office of Mauna Kea Management invite the public to a presentation on "The History of Snow and Ice on the Summits of Hawaiʻi" on Thursday, November 20 at 7 p.m. in the UH Hilo Sciences and Technology Building, Room 108.
Norbert Schorghofer, a planetary scientist at UH Mānoa, will talk about the implications of climate change, and share historical accounts from rare written documents in English and Hawaiian about the summits' snow coverage from as far back as the 18th century. He will also describe how the summit landscapes parallel those on Mars.
Schorghofer's research focuses on ice on Mars, the Moon, and terrestrial analogues.
For more information, contact John Coney at 932-7187 or email email@example.com. The website with further information is at www.astro.uhh.hawaii.edu.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 932-7187
What's also happening?
Week of November 16, 2014Next →
- Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open
- This recognition awards acknowledges the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community. ...
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.