Movie Screening: Brave Miss World - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Movie Screening: Brave Miss World
Location: UCB, Room 100
Student Health & Wellness Program’s Men of Strength in partnership with the YWCA will be screening the film “Brave Miss World” on September 8th, from 5:30-8PM in UCB 100. Panel discussion to follow screening. Open to UH Hilo & Hawaiʻi CC Audience and the Community. Admission is free for UH Hilo and HawCC students with ID and $10.00 for non-students.
Israeli beauty queen Linor Abargil was abducted and raped in Milan, Italy two months before being crowned Miss World in 1998. Ten years later, she’s ready to talk about it- and to encourage others to speak out. Now a globe-trotting victims’ advocate, Linor encourages others to stand against sexual violence by putting an end to their silence. She travels to speak with teens in South Africa, where girls are statistically more likely to be raped than educated. She visits U.S. college campuses where women describe a campus culture that fails to take assaults seriously.
For victims of sexual assault, the journey toward wholeness never ends; still, Linor Abargil, the Brave Miss World, continues her unflinching efforts to keep the nightmares at bay.
For more information contact Dr. Sulma Gandhi at 808-932-7458 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or contact Lorraine Davis at 808-961-3877 x162 or email@example.com
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-932-7458
What's also happening?
Week of September 7, 2014Next →
- Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open
- This recognition awards acknowledges the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community. ...
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.