Closure due to severe weather Aug 7–8 - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
Closure due to severe weather Aug 7–8
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo will be closed on Thursday and Friday, August 7 and 8, 2014 due to anticipated severe weather conditions and possible flooding caused by Hurricanes Iselle and Julio.
The campus will be closed and all scheduled activities are cancelled. Only employees deemed essential in emergencies shall report to work.
All campus operations are expected to resume as scheduled on Monday, August 11, 2014. However, due to the unpredictability of the effects of Hurricanes Iselle and Julio, please monitor the major media and check for updates on the UH Hilo website.
For more weather information, please see the web sites listed below:
• Hurricane Iselle updates (from Central Pacific Hurricane Center)
• Hawaii County Civil Defense
Employees affected by the closing of the University should not report to work and shall be granted Administrative Leave for August 7 and Friday, August 8, 2014.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
- UH Hilo Food Drive
- 1 can, 2 can, 3 can, MORE! It's time for UH Hilo's annual canned food drive to help out our community partner, the Hawai'i Food Basket. ...
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study Hello University of Hawaii students, We are seeking volunteers for a research study regarding e-cigarette usage patterns. ...
- Note Taker Needed--SPRING 2015
- Aloha! Disabilities Services is in need of a note taker for an upper level ANTH class. Please keep in mind that you need to be in the same major or minor field, currently in the class, or have taken it before and passed with a "B" or ...
- Note Takers Needed--FALL 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.