Closure due to severe weather Aug 7–8 - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
Closure due to severe weather Aug 7–8
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo will be closed on Thursday and Friday, August 7 and 8, 2014 due to anticipated severe weather conditions and possible flooding caused by Hurricanes Iselle and Julio.
The campus will be closed and all scheduled activities are cancelled. Only employees deemed essential in emergencies shall report to work.
All campus operations are expected to resume as scheduled on Monday, August 11, 2014. However, due to the unpredictability of the effects of Hurricanes Iselle and Julio, please monitor the major media and check for updates on the UH Hilo website.
For more weather information, please see the web sites listed below:
• Hurricane Iselle updates (from Central Pacific Hurricane Center)
• Hawaii County Civil Defense
Employees affected by the closing of the University should not report to work and shall be granted Administrative Leave for August 7 and Friday, August 8, 2014.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
|March 2015/April 2015|
7:30p It Gets Better
Holiday observed: Good Friday
- Honoring Diversity Workshop
- "Honoring Diversity for a Caring and Inclusive Campus" April 1st. 2015 in Campus Center Rm 301 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM **Continental Breakfast Provided** This workshop promotes an understanding of diversity that creates cultural ...
- Positions Available for Kanilehua Art and Literary Magazine
- We are currently looking for creative and hardworking UH Hilo students to fill the positions at Kanilehua Art and Literary Magazine. ...
- Nominations Being Accepted for Ka Lama Ku Recognition Awards
- Nominations for the Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Recognition Awards Now Being Accepted for 2014/2015 School Year by students, faculty, staff and community members. ...
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study
- Volunteers Wanted for an E-cigarette Study Hello University of Hawaii students, We are seeking volunteers for a research study regarding e-cigarette usage patterns. ...
- Note Takers Needed--FALL 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.