Closure due to severe weather Aug 7–8 - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
Closure due to severe weather Aug 7–8
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo will be closed on Thursday and Friday, August 7 and 8, 2014 due to anticipated severe weather conditions and possible flooding caused by Hurricanes Iselle and Julio.
The campus will be closed and all scheduled activities are cancelled. Only employees deemed essential in emergencies shall report to work.
All campus operations are expected to resume as scheduled on Monday, August 11, 2014. However, due to the unpredictability of the effects of Hurricanes Iselle and Julio, please monitor the major media and check for updates on the UH Hilo website.
For more weather information, please see the web sites listed below:
• Hurricane Iselle updates (from Central Pacific Hurricane Center)
• Hawaii County Civil Defense
Employees affected by the closing of the University should not report to work and shall be granted Administrative Leave for August 7 and Friday, August 8, 2014.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
|February 2015/March 2015|
- Calling all Female Students! Join the SISTA Project Today!
- The SISTA Project is an all-women’s empowerment group designed to empower women of all ages to use positive life skills. ...
- UH System Common Scholarship Application 2015-2016
- The University of Hawaiʻi System Common Scholarship Application will be available online for the 2015-2016 academic year on December 1, 2014. ...
- Free Application for Financial Aid 2015-2016 and Scholarship
- To be considered for financial aid for the 2015-2016 academic year, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The website will become available on January 1, 2015. The address is www.fafsa.gov. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.