Closure due to severe weather Aug 7–8 - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
Closure due to severe weather Aug 7–8
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo will be closed on Thursday and Friday, August 7 and 8, 2014 due to anticipated severe weather conditions and possible flooding caused by Hurricanes Iselle and Julio.
The campus will be closed and all scheduled activities are cancelled. Only employees deemed essential in emergencies shall report to work.
All campus operations are expected to resume as scheduled on Monday, August 11, 2014. However, due to the unpredictability of the effects of Hurricanes Iselle and Julio, please monitor the major media and check for updates on the UH Hilo website.
For more weather information, please see the web sites listed below:
• Hurricane Iselle updates (from Central Pacific Hurricane Center)
• Hawaii County Civil Defense
Employees affected by the closing of the University should not report to work and shall be granted Administrative Leave for August 7 and Friday, August 8, 2014.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's also happening?
- International Buddy Program
- Become a buddy for a new international student! We are looking for students, especially students from Hawaiʻi and the US mainland, to volunteer as a buddy for a new international student in the fall. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Applications
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2016-2017 academic year. ...
- Epic Origami at ʻImiloa
- ʻImiloa will explore the art and science of origami in its new temporary exhibit, Epic Origami, which will run from July 5 through September 27, 2015. ...
- RISO Orientation and Funding Workshop
- Interested in reapplying as a Registered Independent Student Organization (R.I.S.O.) for the 2015-2016 school year... ...
- APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Applications
- UH Hilo students of Asian American and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity who are US citizens, nationals or permanent residents (or citizens of the FSM, Palau or the Marshall Islands) are eligible to apply for the APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship for the ...
- Note takers needed for Fall 2015
- UH Hilo Disability Services is in need of qualified note takers for Fall 2015. Pay rate is $9.55 per hour, flexible scheduling based on course availability. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.