at UH Hilo
Faculty at UH Hilo have access to Turnitin.com (TII), a web-based, plagiarism prevention program. To access Turnitin, please contact Amelia Shapiro (amelia.shapiro [at] hawaii.edu) for the account information.
Instructor Quickstart Guide (pdf) The basic information you need to get started using TII.
Instructor User Manual (173-page pdf) More comprehensive instructions for instructors using TII.
Help! Takes you to a Web page with links to dozens of very helpful short, illustrated articles for faculty using TurnItIn.
Student Quickstart Guide (pdf). Faculty may want to link this page to a class Laulima account or print copies for your students.
Student User Manual (70-page pdf) More comprehensive instructions for students using TII.
Help! Takes you to a Web page with links to dozens of very helpful, short illustrated articles for students using TurnItIn.
Prefer to watch a video? Check this page out.
All training videos are under 10 minutes and each covers a specific task in TII, such as basic setup, submitting a paper, using Grademark and Gradebook, and more. There are videos for students and instructors.
Turnitin Academy : Turnitin is a great teaching tool as well as a tool to help prevent plagiarism. These free, 1-hour Webinars feature college professors (and TII users) sharing creative ways to use TII in the classroom. Prerecorded topics available are listed below and can be viewed any time.
- Plagiarism in the Digital Age: What's Happening on College Campuses Today?
- Teaching the Writing Process with Turnitin
- Teaching Students Accurate & Effective Source Integration with Turnitin
- Assessing Student Writing with Turnitin for Instructors & Writing Programs
- Managing Students & Coursework Online with Turnitin
- Best Practice for Teaching with Turnitin