Top 10 things to consider when packing for college
- You will be sharing a space with someone else. (Everything that you want to bring might not fit in the space. Follow this link to room dimensions.)
- If you are flying here, check the weight limits and the luggage limits of your airline.
- Don’t bring your valuable or irreplaceable personal items unless absolutely necessary.
- Anything shipped to yourself should be clearly labeled with your first and last name.
- Remember that in Hawaiʻi, we do not have next day shipping from off the Island. Things may take longer to arrive then guaranteed by the postal services or air freight companies.
- We have stairs and you may need to carry your things up the stairs.
- Please pay close attention the size and wattage items of your electronic items. We have some limits.
- You should not bring prohibited items. You will not be permitted to keep them for safety reason.
- Macy’s, Sears, Target, and Wal-Mart have most things that you might need or forgot to pack.
- Ask your friends, who have already been to college. Most of them will say that they brought more things then they needed.
UH Hilo University Housing
200 W. Kawili St.
Hilo, HI 96720-4091
Phone: (808) 932-7403
Fax: (808) 932-7402