Help Desk Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
UH Hilo Home > Faculty & Staff > Office of Campus Technology > Help Desk
Below are frequently asked questions from Faculty/Staff and Students.
Questions from Faculty/Staff
- Who do I contact when my office PC is broken or isn't working right?
- Contact the Academic Computing Services by filling out this online Trouble Report Form.
- How do I borrow A/V equipment?
- Requests for audio/visual equipment loans should be made by using the online form or by calling the library at 974-7344.
- I can't get the A/V equipment to work in my classroom and I need it now! Help?
- Please call 933-8858 for immediate assistance.
- I would like to setup a web site for my class or department. What do I need to do?
- First, you'll want to figure out exactly what you want your web site to cover. Once you have gathered the content, contact Web Services to set up a meeting to discuss options for developing and placing your content on the web.
- What can I put on my web site?
- Your web site can be developed with almost anything that you wish to put on it. This includes pictures, sounds, syllabi, etc., but there will be certain restrictions based on such factors as Disability Access and target audience browser requirements. If you have a specific concern, please contact Web Services.
- I have some text and/or photographs I would like scanned for my web page. Who can do this for me?
- Web Services has text and photo scanning capabilities for faculty and staff. Please contact them for specific details.
- How do I subscribe/unsubscribe to the faculty ʻOhana Email List?
- The ʻOhana list has been discontinued.
- How do I cancel a trouble report?
- Look up the trouble report on the Trouble Report Status page and you may cancel it from there. You will need to enter your email and the Trouble Report number emailed to you when you filed the report.
Questions from Students
- I am a student and I need to print my document. Where can I go?
- There is an open lab available on the second floor of the library, but you need to obtain an account and a print charge card front the Library Circulation Desk.
- How do I obtain an ITS username (email account)?
- Go to www.hawaii.edu/account to apply for the account. If you are not able to create your own account, contact the Office of Technology and Distance Learning (see left sidebar for contact information).