Academics in Nursing
The UH Hilo BSN Program offers:
- A curriculum developed with input from a highly qualified community advisory board.
- A unique transcultural thread throughout its curriculum emphasizing respect for multi-ethnic populations.
- An emphasis on facilitating learning pathways for RN's.
- An emphasis on research, practice and education in the nursing professions.
- Students have an opportunity to engage in health-related projects in the community (i.e. health teaching in the elementary schools, blood pressure and diabetic screening activities).
- National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC).
- The only Baccalaureate Nursing program on the outer islands, in a smaller community setting. UH Hilo students are offered rural clinical learning experiences.
- A learning lab with low and high fidelity manikins in a simulated hospital environment