- 2008 Kalaupapa 2002-2005, A Summary Report of the Kalaupapa Ethnographic Project, published by the National Park Service, 122p (with C. Langlas and K. McGuire)
- 2007 Kalaupapa Landscape: An Ethnographic Study. Prepared for U.S. National Park Service.
(refereed) submitted to University of Hawaiʻi Press for consideration.
- 2007 "Ethnographic methods for community-based ethno-biodiversity research". Chapter 9, in D. Mueller Dumbois (ed.)
Manual for Pacific Islands Biodiversity Transect Studies. Honolulu: Bishop Museum Press (With W.R. McClatchy and W R. Thaman)
- 2000 Student Atlas of Hawaiʻi. Honolulu, Bess Press. (with Juvik, J.O. and T.R. Paradise)
- 1998 Atlas of Hawaii, 3rd edition. Honolulu: University of Hawaiʻi Press. (With J.O. Juvik and T. R. Paradise.
- 2009 David Butz and Kathryn Besio "Autoethnography", Geography Compass
(http://www.blackwell-compass.com/subject/geography), Blackwell Publications, 3/5: 1660-1674.
- 2008, "Success from Failure," Using Don Mitchell's Critical Geography in Human Geography 1(2):118-119.
- 2008 Besio, K, L Johnston and R Longhurst Sexy Beasts and Devoted Mums: Narrating Nature through Dolphin Tourism. Environment and Planning A 40: 1219-1234.
- 2007 Depth of Fields: Travel Photography and Spatializing Modernities in Northern Pakistan Environment and Planning D: Society and Space 25, 1: 53-74.
- 2006 Chutes and Ladders: Gender and Spatiality in a Balti Village, Pakistan. Special issue on Gender & Sexuality,
ACME 5: 258-278.
- 2006 Besio, K. and P. Moss Introduction to Special Issue on Gender and Sexuality: Sexed , Unsexy, and Gendered Spaces of Inversions and Reversals. ACME 5: 112-126.
- 2005 Telling Stories to Hear Autoethnography: researching women's lives in northern Pakistan. Gender, Place & Culture
- 2004 Butz, D. and K. Besio The Value of Ethnography for Field Research in a Transcultural Setting. The Professional Geographer 56 (3): 350-360.
- 2004 Besio, K and D Butz Commentary: A Limited Endorsement for Autoethnography. The Professional Geographer
56 (3): 432-438.
- 2003 Stepping in it: Postcoloniality in Northern Pakistan. Area 35 (1): 24-33.
- 2007 In the "Lady's Seat": Western Women Travelers in Northern Pakistan in Women, Religion, Space Karen Morin and Jeanne Kay Guelke (Eds.), Syracuse University Press, NY: 81-101.
- 2010 "The politics and ethics of geographic research" invited submission, in the Handbook of Social Geography, Susan Smith, Sallie Marston, Rachel Pain, and John Paul Jones III (Eds.), Sage Publications: 560-573.
- 2003 Cang-Sen Ooi Cultural Tourism and Tourism Cultures: The Business of Mediating Experiences in Copenhagen and Singapore in The Journal of Asian Studies (May 62(2): 568-9.
- 2002 Martin Khor Rethinking Globalization in Progress in Development Studies, 2 (3): 247-8.
- 2007 "Women, Gender and Tourism: South Asia" in Encyclopedia of Women and Islamic Cultures, Volume VI, Supplement and Index,
Suad Joseph (Ed.) Brill Publications, Leiden: 258-260.
- 2009, "Autoethnography" in International Encyclopedia of Human Geography, Rob Kitchin and Nigel Thrift, Eds., Elsevier Press.
- LeeRay Costa and Kathryn Besio, Eating Hawaiʻi: Hawaiʻi Regional Cuisine and the Making of Place for Social and Cultural Geography
- Drew Kapp has worked as a cartographic editor and contributing author for the 1998 edition of the
"Atlas of Hawaiʻi". His research has allowed him to presented his finding on pictorial tourist maps
of Hawaii and on Native Hawaiian Students views of sovereignty.
- Price, J.P., J.D. Jacobi, L.W. Pratt, F.R. Warshauer, and C.W. Smith. Protecting forest bird populations at the landscape level. In Pratt, T.K., C.T. Atkinson, P.C. Banko, J.D. Jacobi, and C. Woodworth (eds.), Hawaiian Forest Birds: Their Biology and Conservation.
- Thorne, J.H., J.H. Viers, J.P. Price, L. Hannah, and D.M. Stoms. Endemic plant geography in California, three approaches using an electronic flora. Natural Areas Journal.
- Pau, S., T.W. Gillespie, and J.P. Price. Natural History, Biogeography, and Endangerment of Hawaiian Dry Forest Trees.
Biogeography and Conservations.
- 2008 Guner, D.S., N.J. Gotelli, J.P. Price, and R.H. Cowie. Does species richness drive speciation? A reassessment with the Hawaiian biota. Ecography 31: 279-285.
- 2008 James, Helen F. and J.P. Price. Integration of paleontological, historical, and geographic data on extinction of koa-finches. Diversity and Distributions 14: 441-451.
- 2007 Price, J.P., S.M. Gon III, J.D. Jacobi, and D. Matsuwaki. Mapping plant species ranges in the Hawaiian Islands: developing a methodology and associated GIS layers. HCSU Technical Report 008.
- 2007 Price, J.P., J.D. Jacobi. Rapid assessment of vegetation at six potential ʻAlala release sites. HCSU Technical
- 2006 Price, J.P.. Predicted plant species distributions and species richness. In Gon, S.M., A. Allison, R.J. Canarella, J.D. Jacobi, K.Y. Kaneshiro, M.H. Kido, M. Lane-Kamahele, and S.E. Miller. Hawaiʻi Gap Analysis Program Final Report.
- 2005 Wagner, W.L., D. Mix, and J.P. Price. Pacific Islands. In Kress, W.J. and G. Krupnick (eds.), Plant Conservation:
A Natural History Approach. University of Chicago Press.
- 2004 Price, J.P. and W.L. Wagner. Speciation in Hawaiian Angiosperm Lineages: Cause, Consequence, and Mode.
Evolution 58: 2185-2200
- 2004 Price, J.P., Floristic Biogeography of the Hawaiian Islands: influences of area, environment and paleogeography.
Journal of Biogeography 31: 487-500.
- 2004 Price, J.P. and D.L. Elliott-Fisk. Topographic History of the Maui Nui Complex, Hawaiʻi and It's Implications for Biogeography. Pacific Science 58: 27-45.
- 2002 Price, J.P. and D.A. Clague. How old is the Hawaiian Biota?: Geology and Phylogeny suggest recent divergence.
Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, Series B Biological Sciences 269: 2429-2435.
- 2000 Hotchkiss, S., P.M. Vitousek, O.A. Chadwick, and J.P. Price. Climate cycles, geomorphological change, and the interpretation of soil and ecosystem development. Ecosystems 3: 522-533.
- Delparte, D., Jamieson, B. and Waters, N., 2008. Statistical runout modeling of snow avalanches in Glacier National Park, Canada. Cold Regions Science and Technology. 54, pp.183-192.
- Delparte, D. 2008. Avalanche Terrain Modeling in Glacier National Park, Canada. PhD Thesis. Department of Geography. University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada, p 179
- Delparte, D. M. 2006. The Use of GIS in Avalanche Modeling. Knowledge Media Technologies, First International Core-to-Core Workshop. No. 21, Dagstuhl, Germany.
- D'Eon, R.G. and Delparte, D. M. 2005. Effects of radiocollar position and orientation on GPS-radiocollar performance, and the implications of PDOP in data screening. Journal of Applied Ecology. 42(2), pp. 383-388
Jeffrey Sasha Davis
- Davis, Sasha. (2012 - Forthcoming). "Repeating islands of resistance: Redefining security in militarized landscapes" Human Geography.
- Davis, Sasha. (2011). "The US military base network and contemporary colonialism: Power projection, resistance and the quest for operational unilateralism" Political Geography, 30: 215-224.
- Davis, Jeffrey Sasha. (2007). "Scales of Eden: Conservation and Pristine Devastation on Bikini Atoll" Environment and Planning D: Society and Space, 25 (2): 213-235.
- Davis, Jeffrey Sasha, Jessica Hayes-Conroy and Victoria M. Jones. (2007) "Military Pollution and Natural Purity: Seeing Nature and Knowing Contamination in Vieques, Puerto Rico". GeoJournal, 69 (3): 165-179.
- Davis, Jeffrey Sasha. (2005). "Representing place: 'Deserted isles' and the reproduction of Bikini Atoll."
Annals of the Association of American Geographers, 95 (3): 607-625.
- Davis, Jeffrey Sasha. (2005). "Is it really safe? That's what we want to know: Science, stories, and dangerous places." Professional Geographer, 57 (2): 213-221.
- Davis, Jeffrey Sasha and Duarte Morais. (2004). "Factions and Enclaves: Small Towns and Socially Unsustainable Tourism Development." The Journal of Travel Research, 43: 3-10.
- Davis, Kathleen Kleman, Jeffrey Sasha Davis, and Lorraine Dowler. (2004). "In Motion, Out of Place: The Public Spaces of Tourette Syndrome." Social Science and Medicine, 59 (1): 103-112.
- Introduction to "Military Natures: Militarism and the Environment"; special issue of GeoJournal 69 (3) 2007.
- Review of Political Ecology: An Integrative Approach to Geography and Environment-Development Studies by Karl Zimmerer and Thomas Bassett in Ethics, Place and Environment 7 (3) 2004.
- Review of Walt Disney and the Quest for Community. By Steve Mannheim in Regional Studies 38 (1) 2004.
- Review of Reimagining the American Pacific: from South Pacific to Bamboo Ridge and Beyond. By Rob Wilson in Cultural Geographies 9 (3) 2002.
- Davis, Jeffrey Sasha. 2001. "Commentary: Tourism Research and Social Theory: Expanding the Focus." Tourism
Geographies 3 (2): 129-138.
- Maps I created are featured in the second edition of For the Good of Mankind: A History of the People of Bikini and their Islands by Jack Niedenthal (2002). Bravo Publishing. The maps are also featured on the website bikiniatoll.com.