- 2008 Kalaupapa 2002-2005, A Summary Report of the Kalaupapa Ethnographic Project, published by the
National Park Service, 122p (with C. Langlas and K. McGuire)
- 2007 Kalaupapa Landscape: An Ethnographic Study. Prepared for U.S. National Park Service.
(refereed) submitted to University of Hawai`i Press for consideration.
- 2007 "Ethnographic methods for community-based ethno-biodiversity research." Chapter 9, in D. Mueller Dumbois (ed.)
Manual for Pacific Islands Biodiversity Transect Studies. Honolulu: Bishop Museum Press (With W.R.
McClatchy and W R. Thaman)
- 2000 Student Atlas of Hawai`i. Honolulu, Bess Press. (with Juvik, J.O. and T.R. Paradise)
- 1998 Atlas of Hawaii, 3rd edition. Honolulu: University of Hawai`i Press. (With J.O. Juvik and T. R. Paradise.
- 2009 David Butz and Kathryn Besio "Autoethnography," Geography Compass
(http://www.blackwell-compass.com/subject/geography), Blackwell Publications, 3/5: 1660-1674.
- 2008, "Success from Failure," Using Don Mitchell's Critical Geography in Human Geography 1(2):118-119.
- 2008 Besio, K, L Johnston and R Longhurst Sexy Beasts and Devoted Mums: Narrating Nature through Dolphin
Tourism. Environment and Planning A 40: 1219-1234.
- 2007 Depth of Fields: Travel Photography and Spatializing Modernities in Northern Pakistan Environment and
Planning D: Society and Space 25, 1: 53-74.
- 2006 Chutes and Ladders: Gender adn Spatiality in a Balti Village, Pakistan. Special issue on Gender & Sexuality,
ACME 5: 258-278.
- 2006 Besio, K. and P. Moss Introduction to Special Issue on Gender and Sexuality: Sexed , Unsexy, and Gendered Spaces
of Inversions and Reversals. ACME 5: 112-126.
- 2005 Telling Stories to Hear Autoethnography: researching women's lives in northern Pakistan. Gender, Place & Culture
- 2004 Butz, D and K Besio The Value of Ethnography for Field Research in a Transcultural Setting. The Professional
Geographer 56 (3): 350-360.
- 2004 Besio, K and D Butz Commentary: A Limited Endorsement for Autoethnography. The Professional Geographer
56 (3): 432-438.
- 2003 Stepping in it: Postcoloniality in Northern Pakistan. Area 35 (1): 24-33.
- 2007 In the "Lady's Seat": Western Women Travelers in Northern Pakistan in Women, Religion, Space Karen Morin and
Jeanne Kay Guelke (Eds.), Syracuse University Press, NY: 81-101.
- 2010 "The politics and ethics of geographic research" invited submission, in the Handbook of Social Geography, Susan Smith,
Sallie Marston, Rachel Pain, and John Paul Jones III (Eds.), Sage Publications: 560-573.
- 2003 Cang-Sen Ooi Cultural Tourism and Tourism Cultures: The Business of Mediating Experiences in Copenhagen and Singapore
in The Journal of Asian Studies (May 62(2): 568-9.
- 2002 Martin Khor Rethinking Globalization in Progress in Development Studies, 2 (3): 247-8.
- 2007 "Women, Gender and Tourism: South Asia" in Encyclopedia of Women and Islamic Cultures Volume VI, Supplement and Index,
Suad Joseph (Ed.) Brill Publications, Leiden: 258-260.
- 2009, "Autoethnography" in International Encyclopedia of Human Geography, Rob Kitchin and Nigel Thrift, Eds., Elsevier Press.
- LeeRay Costa and Kathryn Besio, Eating Hawai`i: Hawai`i Regional Cuisine and the Making of Place for Social and Cultural Geography
- Drew Kapp has worked as a cartographic editor and contributing author for the 1998 edition of the
"Atlas of Hawai`i". His research has allowed him to presented his finding on pictorial tourist maps
of Hawaii and on Native Hawaiian Students views of sovereignty.
- Price, J.P., J.D. Jacobi, L.W. Pratt, F.R. Warshauer, and C.W. Smith. Protecting forest bird populations at the
landscape level. In Pratt, T.K., C.T. Atkinson, P.C. Banko, J.D. Jacobi, and C. Woodworth (eds.), Hawaiian
Forest Birds: Their Biology and Conservation.
- Thorne, J.H., J.H. Viers, J.P. Price, L. Hannah, and D.M. Stoms. Endemic plant geography in California, three
approaches using an electronic flora. Natural Areas Journal.
- Pau, S., T.W. Gillespie, and J.P. Price. Natural History, Biogeography, and Endangerment of Hawaiian Dry Forest Trees.
Biogeography and Conservations.
- 2008 Guner, D.S., N.J. Gotelli, J.P. Price, and R.H. Cowie. Does species richness drive speciation? A reassessment with
the Hawaiian biota. Ecography 31: 279-285.
- 2008 James, Helen F. and J.P. Price. Integration of paleontological, historical, and geographic data on extinction
of koa-finches. Diversity and Distributions 14: 441-451.
- 2007 Price, J.P., S.M. Gon III, J.D. Jacobi, and D. Matsuwaki. Mapping plant species ranges in the Hawaiian Islands:
developing a methodology and associated GIS layers. HCSU Technical Report 008.
- 2007 Price, J.P., J.D. Jacobi. Rapid assessment of vegetation at six potential 'Alala release sites. HCSU Technical
- 2006 Price, J.P.. Predicted plant species distributions and species richness. In Gon, S.M., A. Allison, R.J. Canarella,
J.D. Jacobi, K.Y. Kaneshiro, M.H. Kido, M. Lane-Kamahele, and S.E. Miller. Hawai`i Gap Analysis Program Final
- 2005 Wagner, W.L., D. Mix, and J.P. Price. Pacific Islands. In Kress, W.J. and G. Krupnick (eds.), Plant Conservation:
A Natural History Approach. University of Chicago Press.
- 2004 Price, J.P. and W.L. Wagner. Speciation in Hawaiian Angiosperm Lineages: Cause, Consequence, and Mode.
Evolution 58: 2185-2200
- 2004 Price, J.P.. Floristic Biogeography of the Hawaiian Islands: influences of area, environment and paleogeography.
Journal of Biogeography 31: 487-500.
- 2004 Price, J.P. and D.L. Elliott-Fisk. Topographic History of the Maui Nui Complex, Hawai`i and It's Implications for Biogeography. Pacific Science 58: 27-45.
- 2002 Price, J.P. and D.A. Clague. How old is the Hawaiian Biota?: Geology and Phylogeny suggest recent divergence.
Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, Series B Biological Sciences 269: 2429-2435.
- 2000 Hotchkiss, S. P.M. Vitousek, O.A. Chadwick, and J.P. Price. Climate cycles, geomorphological change, and the interpretation of soil and ecosystem development. Ecosystems 3: 522-533.
- Delparte, D., Jamieson, B. and Waters, N., 2008. Statistical runout modeling of snow avalanches in Glacier
National Park, Canada. Cold Regions Science and Technology. 54, pp.183-192.
- Delparte, D. 2008. Avalanche Terrain Modeling in Glacier National Park, Canada. PhD Thesis. Department of
Geography. University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada, p 179
- Delparte, D. M. 2006. The Use of GIS in Avalanche Modeling. Knowledge Media Technologies, First International
Core-to-Core Workshop. No. 21, Dagstuhl, Germany.
- D'Eon, R.G. and Delparte, D. M. 2005. Effects of radiocollar position and orientation on GPS-radiocollar
performance, and the implications of PDOP in data screening. Journal of Applied Ecology. 42(2), pp. 383-388
Jeffrey Sasha Davis
- Davis, Sasha. (2012 -Forthcoming). "Repeating islands of resistance: Redifing security in militarized landscapes"Human Geography.
- Davis, Sasha. (2011). "The US military base network and contemporary colonialism: Power projection, resistance and the quest for operational unilateralism" Political Geography, 30: 215-224.
- Davis, Jeffrey Sasha. (2007). "Scales of Eden: Conservation and Pristine Devastation on Bikini Atoll" Environment and Planning D: Society and Space, 25 (2): 213-235.
- Davis, Jeffrey Sasha, Jessica Hayes-Conroy and Victoria M. Jones. (2007) "Military Pollution and Natural
Purity: Seeing Nature and Knowing Contamination in Vieques, Puerto Rico" GeoJournal, 69 (3): 165-179.
- Davis, Jeffrey Sasha. (2005). "Representing place: 'Deserted isles' and the reproduction of Bikini Atoll."
Annals of the Association of American Geographers, 95 (3): 607-625.
- Davis, Jeffrey Sasha. (2005). "Is it really safe? That's what we want to know: Science, stories, and
dangerous places." Professional Geographer, 57 (2): 213-221.
- Davis, Jeffrey Sasha and Duarte Morais. (2004). "Factions and Enclaves: Small Towns and Socially Unsustainable Tourism
Development." The Journal of Travel Research, 43: 3-10.
- Davis, Kathleen Kleman, Jeffrey Sasha Davis, and Lorraine Dowler. (2004). "In Motion, Out of Place:
The Public Spaces of Tourette Syndrome." Social Science and Medicine, 59 (1): 103-112.
- Introduction to "Military Natures: Militarism and the Environment" special issue of GeoJournal 69 (3) 2007.
- Review of Political Ecology: An Integrative Approach to Geography and Environment-Development Studies by Karl
Zimmerer and Thomas Bassett in Ethics, Place and Environment 7 (3) 2004.
- Review of Walt Disney and the Queset for Community. By Steve Mannheim in Regional Studies 38 (1) 2004.
- Review of Reimagining the American Pacific: from South Pacific to Bamboo Ridge and Beyond. By Rob Wilson in
Cultural Geographies 9 (3) 2002.
- Davis, Jeffrey Sasha. 2001. "Commentary: Tourism Research and Social Theory: Expanding the Focus." Tourism
Geographies 3 (2): 129-138.
- Maps I created are featured in the second edition of For the Good of Mankind: A History of the People of Bikini and their
Islands by Jack Niedenthal (2002). Bravo Publishing. The maps are also featured on the website bikiniatoll.com.