- Citizen Zoning and voluntary user areas in Hilo Bay and bay-front areas along with their cultural, environmental, and economic impacts
- Planning History of Hawaiʻi: A Planning Director's Perspective
- Kalaupapa landscape through the eyes of the Hansen's disease patient residents
- Changing economic landscape of Hawaiʻi small towns
- "Foodscapes of the Big Island of Hawaiʻi" (spring 2006 - present) with Dr LeeRay Costa, Hollins
University, Roanoke, VA.
- "What's growing in your garden?" (2008-10) with Anthony Olayon, Janelle Williams Keiko Publico, and Neekowee Clearwater
- EPSCoR Hawaiʻi Cyberinfrastructure Team Lead
- Natural Hazards, Island of Hawaiʻi
Most UH Hilo phone and fax numbers have changed, effective October 22, 2013. Visit the new Phone Directory.