- Assistant Professor
- PhD, Geography - University of California at Davis
- BS, Geography & minor in Botany - University of California at Davis
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Department of Botany - National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution
- Phone: (808) 974-7547
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room Location: K-261
- Fax: (808) 974-7737
List of Research Projects:
- EPSCoR Hawaiʻi Cyberinfrastructure Team Lead
- Natural Hazards, Island of Hawaiʻi
- Price, J.P., J.D. Jacobi, L.W. Pratt, F.R. Warshauer, and C.W. Smith. Protecting forest bird populations at the landscape level. In Pratt, T.K., C.T. Atkinson, P.C. Banko, J.D. Jacobi, and C. Woodworth (eds.), Hawaiian Forest Birds: Their Biology and Conservation.
- Thorne, J.H., J.H. Viers, J.P. Price, L. Hannah, and D.M. Stoms. Endemic plant geography in California, three approaches using an electronic flora. Natural Areas Journal.
- Pau, S., T.W. Gillespie, and J.P. Price. Natural History, Biogeography, and Endangerment of Hawaiian Dry Forest Trees. Biogeography and Conservations.
- 2008 Guner, D.S., N.J. Gotelli, J.P. Price, and R.H. Cowie. Does species richness drive speciation? A reassessment with the Hawaiian biota. Ecography 31: 279-285.
- 2008 James, Helen F. and J.P. Price. Integration of paleontological, historical, and geographic data on extinction of koa-finches. Diversity and Distributions 14: 441-451.
- 2007 Price, J.P., S.M. Gon III, J.D. Jacobi, and D. Matsuwaki. Mapping plant species ranges in the Hawaiian Islands: developing a methodology and associated GIS layers. HCSU Technical Report 008.
- 2007 Price, J.P., J.D. Jacobi. Rapid assessment of vegetation at six potential 'Alala release sites. HCSU Technical Report 006
- 2006 Price, J.P.. Predicted plant species distributions and species richness. In Gon, S.M., A. Allison, R.J. Canarella, J.D. Jacobi, K.Y. Kaneshiro, M.H. Kido, M. Lane-Kamahele, and S.E. Miller. Hawaiʻi Gap Analysis Program Final Report.
- 2005 Wagner, W.L., D. Mix, and J.P. Price. Pacific Islands. In Kress, W.J. and G. Krupnick (eds.), Plant Conservation: A Natural History Approach. University of Chicago Press.
- 2004 Price, J.P. and W.L. Wagner. Speciation in Hawaiian Angiosperm Lineages: Cause, Consequence, and Mode. Evolution 58: 2185-2200
- 2004 Price, J.P.. Floristic Biogeography of the Hawaiian Islands: influences of area, environment and paleogeography. Journal of Biogeography 31: 487-500.
- 2004 Price, J.P. and D.L. Elliott-Fisk. Topographic History of the Maui Nui Complex, Hawaiʻi and It's Implications for Biogeography. Pacific Science 58: 27-45.
- 2002 Price, J.P. and D.A. Clague. How old is the Hawaiian Biota?: Geology and Phylogeny suggest recent divergence. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, Series B Biological Sciences 269: 2429-2435.
- 2000 Hotchkiss, S. P.M. Vitousek, O.A. Chadwick, and J.P. Price. Climate cycles, geomorphological change, and the interpretation of soil and ecosystem development. Ecosystems 3: 522-533.