ED 622, School Curriculum
Development and improvement of curriculum. Explanation of contemporary curricular issues which impact teaching and learning in the classroom. Emphasis on school reform and renewal.
- Understand that curriculum is socially constructed and affected by a number of factors.
- Develop insight into the curriculum standards movement.
- Recognize the roles of various school personnel in the curriculum improvement process.
- Gain skills to guide and critically reflect upon curriculum decisions and processes.
- Review theoretical and philosophical approaches to curriculum development.
- Examine comprehensive curriculum reform efforts and programs.
- Develop a plan for improving curriculum.
- Ongoing Site-Based Inquiry
- Personal Curriculum Platform
- Curriculum Improvement Plan