ED 616A, Assessment and Evaluation in Education I
Systematic study of the theory and technology of measurement, assessment and evaluation in educational settings, emphasizing the development and use of traditional techniques.
- Develop knowledge needed to understanding and evaluate current issues related to standardized and traditional assessment.
- Develop knowledge needed to discuss the role of traditional assessment in Hawaii public schools.
- Development knowledge needed to understand the concepts of reliability, validity, and absence-of-bias in relation to assessment and evaluation in schools.
- Develop knowledge needed to critique tests used in Hawaii public schools as to their reliability, validity, and absence-of-bias.
- Develop knowledge needed to critique tests from quantitative and qualitative perspectives.
- Develop knowledge needed to use web-based statistical analysis program to support test analysis.
- Work cooperatively to develop strategies to meeet Objectives 1-6.
- Develop a personal learning goals(s)/focus(i) related to the content of this course.
- Class participation
- Learning Journal
- Website Introduction
- Test Critique
Core Concept (H.E.A.R.T.)