Council of Vice Chancellors
The Council of Vice Chancellors is comprised of senior-level executives reporting directly to the chancellor. Most have primary management responsibility for one or more major functional divisions of the university. Membership is determined by the chancellor.
Charged with providing coordinated and effective leadership to the university, this group works with the chancellor to maximize UH Hilo’s resources and energies to move the university forward. At weekly meetings, they advise the chancellor and one another as to how UH Hilo can best fulfill its mission, implement its strategic plan, and honor its fiduciary obligations, while managing and expanding its fiscal, facility, and human resources. When considering the merits of potential courses of action, each member is expected to advocate with the best interests of all campus constituents in mind, including faculty, staff, students, and community members.
- Matthew Platz, Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
- Marcia Sakai, Vice Chancellor for Administrative Affairs
- Luoluo Hong, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
- Daniel Brown, Interim Vice Chancellor for Research
- Jerry Chang, Director of University Relations
- Gail Makuakane-Lundin, Interim Executive Assistant to the Chancellor