Chancellor Donald Straney
"To help create Hawaiʻi’s future, the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo challenges students to reach their highest level of achievement and gives every student opportunities to apply their learning to our distinctive natural and cultural environment." -Chancellor Donald Straney
- Chancellor’s Blog
- UH Hilo Stories
- Keaohou: Research & Scholarly Activity at UH Hilo
- Nihopeku: UH Hilo Working Toward Hawaiʻi Island's Food Security
History of UH Hilo
- 1941 Hawaiʻi Vocational School is founded, and after several transformations, becomes Hawaiʻi Community College in 1969.
- 1947 The Hilo Program begins, and after several major spurts of growth, becomes the four-year Hilo College in 1969.
- 1969 Hilo College is merged with Hawaiʻi Community College, becoming the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo.
- 1991 UH Hilo and Hawaiʻi Community College are separated.
- Past Directors and Chancellors
- Detailed timeline with milestones and photos
- 2017 HTH Supplement on UH Hilo: "University Town"
- 2016 HTH Supplement on UH Hilo: "University Town"
- 2015 HTH Supplement on UH Hilo: "University Town"
- Kei-Lin Cerf, Director of Strategic Community Development, West Hawaiʻi
- Arthur Cunningham, Aviation Program Specialist
- Susan Enright, Public Information Specialist
- Marcia Heller, Private Secretary to the Chancellor
- Gail Makuakāne-Lundin, Interim Executive Assistant to the Chancellor
- Xinyan Wang, Administrative and Fiscal Support Specialist