Special CAFNRM Programs
In addition to its academic core of course offerings, the College of Agriculture, Forestry & Natural Resource Management (CAFNRM) has programs offering special opportunities to students:
Student-Managed Farm Enterprise Projects: A unique feature of the College is the student-managed farm enterprise project program. Students select, plan, and complete a management/production project under faculty supervision. If the student’s project is successful, some income can be gained along with the valuable first-hand experience in production and agribusiness.
Agriculture Development Program: CAFNRM’s Agriculture Development Program allows individuals the opportunity to achieve a Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture, even though they lack the proper preparation for standard admission ( i.e., low placement scores on SAT, low GPA standing, lack of college prep courses, etc.). Students accepted into this program are University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo CAFNRM students and are obligated to complete all academic requirements. These students are given a chance to take advantage of a comprehensive set of support courses and assistance to enhance their successes.
Information on how to apply to this program is available from the College of Agriculture, Forestry & Natural Resource Management (CAFNRM) office at (808) 932-7691 or Admissions at (808) 932-7446.
- Agriculture: Animal Science—Livestock Production Specialty
- Energy Science Certificate
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Certificate
- Agriculture: Animal Science—Pre-Veterinary Specialty
- Agriculture: Aquaculture Specialty
- Agriculture: Tropical Horticulture Specialty
- Agriculture: Tropical Plant Science and Agroecology Specialty
- Agriculture Minor
- Beekeeping Certificate
- Plant Tissue Culture Certificate
- Tropical Farming Certificate
- Special CAFNRM Programs
- CAFNRM Courses