Soil Science (SOIL) Courses
See How to read course descriptions for information about the formatting used.
SOIL 304 Tropical Soils (3) Origin, development, properties, classification, use and management of soils with emphasis on applications in the tropics. Pre: CHEM 114 or CHEM 124 or consent of instructor.
SOIL 350 Soil Fertility (3) Nutrient availability in relation to chemical and physical properties of tropical soils; fertility evaluation by plant response and soil tests; cycling of carbon, nitrogen, and minerals; nutrient management for enhanced plant productivity and maintenance of environmental and soil quality. Pre: CHEM 114 or CHEM 124 or consent of instructor. SOIL 304 recommended.
SOIL x94 Special Topics in Subject Matter (Arr.) (IO) Special topics chosen by the instructor. Course content will vary. May be repeated for credit, provided that a different topic is studied. Additional requirements may apply depending on subject and topic.
SOIL x99 Directed Studies (Arr.) (IO) Statement of planned reading or research required. Pre: instructor’s consent.
- Agriculture (AG) Courses
- Agribusiness (AGBU) Courses
- Agricultural Economics (AGEC) Courses
- Agricultural Engineering (AGEN) Courses
- Agronomy (AGRN) Courses
- Animal Science (ANSC) Courses
- Aquaculture (AQUA) Courses
- Entomology (ENTO) Courses
- Food Science and Technology (FDSC) Courses
- Forestry (FOR) Courses
- Horticulture (HORT) Courses
- Natural Resources (NRES) Courses
- Plant Physiology (PPHY) Courses
- Plant Pathology (PPTH) Courses
- Soil Science (SOIL) Courses