Second Baccalaureate Degrees
A student who has already received a baccalaureate degree may earn a second baccalaureate degree of a different type (e.g., B.S. versus B.A.) or the same type of degree provided that:
- The major is different from the prior degree
- The student completes a minimum of 30 semester credit hours at UH Hilo after the first degree has been awarded. (Note: Students who received a baccalaureate degree from UH Hilo are exempt from this requirement.)
- All degree requirements are met
Students seeking a second degree are classified as seniors for registration.
Students entering the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Economics, and Ka Haka ʻUla O Keʻelikōlani College of Hawaiian Language, who have completed a B.A. degree from a regionally accredited college or university (excluding other baccalaureate degrees), will be exempted from the General Education requirements for a second B.A. degree, unless specific prerequisites are needed for the new major.
Students who have completed other kinds of baccalaureate degree may need to take additional courses to complete the Basic and Area requirements, as well as the Integrative, major, and other graduation requirements.
- General Education and Integrative Requirements for the Baccalaureate Degree
- General Education Requirements for Transfer Students
- Upper-Division Requirement
- Major, Minor and Certificate Requirements
- Concurrent Degrees and Double Majors
- Second Baccalaureate Degrees